Shuffle Line out ??
Sep 2, 2006 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TURBO

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi Gentlemen. This morning I pass by KMart. As a good customer, I always visit the electronics dept. To my surprise, there was one Ipod player that caught my attention. This one, was a Jensen. This player in particular, plays the Ipod and the shuffle.

There were two female connectors on top of the player. One for the Ipod and another for the USB shuffle.
It says in the box Shuffle "play / charge". The only way the Shuffle might be able to play is if it has a line out or some kind of reader circuit to access the songs in memory. Does anyone know, something that I don’t about this?, if the shuffle has indeed line out? Weird player.

I don’t have the shuffle to test their pins, but might be a good Idea to try. If someone find out, please let me know. Thanks.
9990000056052911.jpg

TURBO

Sep 3, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 6
From the CircuitCity description:
Compatibility: The JiMS-110 is directly compatible with the iPod, iPod Mini and iPod Nano via the interchangeable iPod adapters. The auxiliary input jack enables connection of an iPod Shuffle, MP3 players, CD players or other digital audio players.

Sep 3, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 6
Interesting, that Griffin connector.

This is another model (JiMS-200). To the right, you can see the Shuffle connector. It plays the Shuffle, but the remote doesnt work with it. Ummm. It's a kind of line out thru the USB pins. Interesting......

From Kmart Description:

"Jensen JiMS-200-BK iPod Docking Digital Music System

Product Features:
- iPod, iPod Mini, Nano & Shuffle Player and Recharger
- Interchangeable iPod Adaptors
- Multi-function Blue Back-lit LCD Display
- AM/FM Stereo Receiver with 15AM + 15FM Presets and Digital Tuning
- External FM Antenna Jack for Better FM Reception
- Wake to Radio, Alarm or iPod except iPod Shuffle
- Clock with Sleep and Snooze
- Digital Volume Control
- Built-in Retractable Auxiliary Input Cord for Connecting CD Player, MP3 or Other Digital Audio Player
- Card Size Remote Control for the Radio and iPod Functions except iPod Shuffle
- 2 Built-in High Fidelity Aluminum Cone Speakers
- Output: 2 x 3W RMS with AC Adaptor
- Power: Unit: AC Adaptable AC Adaptor Included
- Battery Back-up for Clock: 2 x 'AAA' UM-4 Not included
- Remote Control: 1 x CR2032 Lithium Battery Not Included
- Size: 4in H x 9in W x 9in D "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back