Shuffle Gen3 first impressions...
May 28, 2009 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
I just won one of these yesterday in a work raffle... and I'm pleased with the sound quality, paired with a modded koss sporta-pro (Sporta headband with titanium driver transplanted from a UR40). Its definitely not as offensive as I was expecting. I haven't done any extensive comparisons with my Sansa clip yet though... so this is just a first impression. I need to use better cans for more detailed listening...

But the lack of basic controls using real headphones... is going to drive me insane. (Oh my gosh the OEM apple buds are terrible... very congested and a strange midrange coloration that sounds like youre listening to music through a funnel.)

So... does anyone make a headphone adapter yet? I tried a basic www search but all I got were USB type adapters.

May 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 11
ADDIEMS are supposed to be good, and they have the controls.

-Nkk

May 29, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #4 of 11
Seriously I thought the shuffle without screen is bad enough, sadly it doesnt end there.
I know they are Apple but a no controls mp3 player? Speechless.

May 31, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #5 of 11
well no screen is fine for me because i'll use it in case i dont wait to carry my iPod(the big one) around..
but no volume control is make me so sad although it's very small..
i just want to use it with another IEM..
so that why i didnt buy one.

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #6 of 11
yeah... the lack of controls on the player was a bonehead, dumb ***** micky mouse design blunder. I wouldn't pay $20 of my hard earned cash for this player... IMHO its that bad.

Hopefully the fore-mentioned Scosche adapter will help.
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 11
The extent to which Apple has taken their "user friendly" bull crap makes me sick... And what makes my insides twist even more is I'm sure that it's not going to stop here.

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The extent to which Apple has taken their "user friendly" bull crap makes me sick... And what makes my insides twist even more is I'm sure that it's not going to stop here.

Your gonna buy an ipod with the songs already on it and the earbuds are non-detachable. It plays the same album over and over and there is no way to stop it or change volume, when the battery dies you go buy a new one.

Silly apple fans.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #9 of 11
I like Apple products, from my macbook pro to the iPods (of which I've never actually owned one, but I've used them frequently), and I have to say this last shuffle was a huge misstep.

I imagine it won't stop there for the shuffles and may move into other areas like iPod Nanos and "Classics", because Apple, for a very long time, has had very different ideas about user input than the "mainstream." For example, consider their one-button mouses, and CD/DVD drives with no physical eject button. Now this sometimes moves in positive directions, like the iPhone and multitouch, but it also seems to move in ways that are misaligned with the some of the general public's needs.

There's a certain amount of "whatever they make, we want it" with Apple fanboys though, so I doubt this will ever cease.

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TedwardRoberts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Apple products, from my macbook pro to the iPods (of which I've never actually owned one, but I've used them frequently), and I have to say this last shuffle was a huge misstep.

I imagine it won't stop there for the shuffles and may move into other areas like iPod Nanos and "Classics", because Apple, for a very long time, has had very different ideas about user input than the "mainstream." For example, consider their one-button mouses, and CD/DVD drives with no physical eject button. Now this sometimes moves in positive directions, like the iPhone and multitouch, but it also seems to move in ways that are misaligned with the some of the general public's needs.

There's a certain amount of "whatever they make, we want it" with Apple fanboys though, so I doubt this will ever cease.

oh geez, i totally agree with your opinion.
this made me kinda nervous T.T

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by specialx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scosche is supposed to release an adapter in June
Scosche Industries

It's the only one I've heard about tho :/

have to spent 20 bucks again... but nice info
poor battery life and sadly i cannot use AA portable charger while listening music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back