shrue SE420
Sep 12, 2008 at 5:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ah_long

100+ Head-Fier
just got them today..

they came in a very nice small box, somewhat like the E4 box...

out of the box, Ipod Nano 1g...

AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, ACCURATE, WIDE...

just.. good... really good...

I have just returned a set of SE210 which I found muddy, lack of detail.. just.. bad..

so a brief review on the SE420..

Highs: accurate, slight slight roll off, but not harsh like the SE210.. very similar to the E4...

Mids: beautiful.. i don't know what to say.. it's just.. amazing..

Bass: tight, but not too strong/over powering... i'm not really a bass head.. i'm sure the bass could be improved with EQ tweak/an amp..

the sound is not warm, however, it's very accurate..very analytical.. details are there.. sound stage is a lot wider than the SE210... it's like a night and day difference...

don't bother with the shure SE210/110.. those are nothing compared to the SE420s...these are just.. great.. i dunno what to say.. i'm enjoying them as i type..

i wonder how the SE530 would sound...

btw, sry for the bad english.. i'm enjoying the phones while I type...

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_long /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wonder how the SE530 would sound...

I don't know how the 420s sound but I have the 530s and they are the Ferrari Enzo of the canalphone world, in my opinion. But keep an eye on my Westone UM2 thread. I just received these UM2s yesterday and am evaluating them. They are turning out to be quite amazing...and I know the sound of the SE530s.

By the way, I'm glad you found audio nirvana with your new canalphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 4
i've always looked forward to try the UM2s...

but the deal on these SE420s are too good to pass up.. and they are just.. umm... i dunno wht to say..

i guess headphones are very subjective, i know there are ppl who hate the 420

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 4
I doubt very many do. A lot of what I've seen in this forum from the beginning of my membership here has been any of the Shures above the SE210s is good and gets better the higher you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back