Shrink-to-Fit Levis. Who has experience?
Dec 15, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #16 of 34
I see...

Well, I'm probably going to get a pair of the indigo or the green shade of the 501 STF to try out raw denim. Hopefully it'll work out well
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #17 of 34
I never wash my jeans either. It gives them character that some people buy for more new.

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know who else doesn't wash their jeans? Homeless people.

Bob_McBob

You have not had anything positive to contribute to this thread so do us all a favor and stop posting negative comments.

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #22 of 34
If I didn't wash my jeans for even a week it would not be pleasant. They'd have numerous stains on them and when I wear them I'd smell like a walking bar :p But being a barback does that to your clothes. I do routinely wear my jeans two or three days in a row, though, provided I wasn't at work with them.

I had heard of those shrink to fit Levi's a while back along with the advice of sitting in a bathtub filled with water in order to shrink them. But I just can't understand how tight jeans are comfortable. Call me crazy, but regular Levi 501s would drive me nuts even if they wouldn't necessarily be tight on me (I'm a bit skinny). Plus, I'd have trouble with things like my wallet and cellphone since I keep those together in my front pocket.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #23 of 34
jeans were made back then so they did not to be washed fequently. If they ever did, they were just lightly washed to get rid of dirt and mud from a long days work.

NOwadays, for denim heads, they wear premium denim for show, not to do hard labour. I never sweat in my jeans, and i take precaution not to spill any thing on them. If i do, i just get some baking soda, water and detergent to get rid of it.

Of course, I tend to reverse the denim, and hang dry them outside if it is nice. but thats basically it.

For some , "like my gf" this idea is wierd and "gross".... but hey, who washes their jackets after every 2 wear? they probably get more armpit sweat and dirt than jeans!

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know who else doesn't wash their jeans? Homeless people.

Yeah, let these guys enjoy their Stink to Fit jeans.
k701smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus, I'd have trouble with things like my wallet and cellphone since I keep those together in my front pocket.

You're supposed to leave those items in your pockets during the bath.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #25 of 34
I don't see what the problem is with fading.

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #27 of 34
You started this thread stating that you own a pair of 501s. Did you have someone else shrink them for you, because 501s and shrink to fits are one and the same?

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #28 of 34
I wear jeans two days in a row before washing. They get washed every other week. And I've owned every pair of my jeans for years with no abnormal fading and no tearing.

Besides, isn't it some sort of fashion statement now to wear faded jeans? Granted not $300 jeans.

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #29 of 34
So, JStalz, give us the updated skinny on the STF experience and clarification on those 501s . What, no brand loyalty there, or what ?

BTW, regular cut Black jeans wearer here, going weeks between washings for both appearance (low maintenance profile) as well as in acknowledgement of our waste water footprint
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jstalz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not wash my jeans unless they become stained or physically dirty for some reason. This is very rare though for me, and is yet to happen with the pair of jeans I am currently wearing.

My jeans never smell bad. I hang them up after every use and they air out to a neutral scent every time.

I am certain that I am not the only person on this forum that does not like to wash his/her jeans.

i do the same thing my friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back