Shrink-to-Fit Levis. Who has experience?
Dec 14, 2009 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

jstalz

100+ Head-Fier
I have been wearing Levis for as long as I can remember, and I absolutely love them. I have a pair of 501s and SilverTab Slim Fits. I would like to purchase a pair of Shrink to Fits for a more personal fit/feel. I am hesitant only because I do not know how to Shrink them to fit me.

Does anyone have any experience with Levis Shrink-to-Fits? Please tell us your process.

-JStalz

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #3 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check here

I should have seen that coming.

Thanks Bob McBob, but I am looking for some first hand experience from fellow head-fiers. I tend to trust all of your input a bit more than what I find elsewhere on the web.

-JStalz

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 34
Sorry, I couldn't resist
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #5 of 34
i had STF's and personally I would get other Levi's or brands.. STF got popular cause of the hype.

but if you insist on getting them, get them according to the instruction. THe best way to shrink is by... wearing them and going for a long hot bath.. Yes, sounds really wierd, but it is the best way. I admit , I did this also, and it provided the best result in terms of shrinking arond the waist and thigh area.

But again, they are not that special, I would rather get APC's or Nudies if you want something slim fit

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had STF's and personally I would get other Levi's or brands.. STF got popular cause of the hype.

but if you insist on getting them, get them according to the instruction. THe best way to shrink is by... wearing them and going for a long hot bath.. Yes, sounds really wierd, but it is the best way. I admit , I did this also, and it provided the best result in terms of shrinking arond the waist and thigh area.

But again, they are not that special, I would rather get APC's or Nudies if you want something slim fit

The reason I would like to purchase these jeans is because I want something that I can feel like I created. When i purchase a pair of jeans, i tend to wear them daily without wash until they wear out, and I feel like STFs will be great for that. I also like the fact that there is no fabric detailing done, they are just raw denim that will become personal through time.

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #7 of 34
you should check out supertalk.superfuture. Like me many of us denim heads go there to chat and discuss about denim.

STF is a good jean to wear for long term, but in terms of quality is not the best. Stitching tends to break within a few months of wear, and the indigio does not last long enough for that personalized effect you wish to get.

You can try other un-sanforized denim if you wish to have one that you can shrink. Something like Samurai's if you have 200-300 to spend.

SELFEDGE is good online store that offers really good premium denim. or try BIG, they carry lots of good denim too

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jstalz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When i purchase a pair of jeans, i tend to wear them daily without wash until they wear out

You never wash your jeans?

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You never wash your jeans?

I do not wash my jeans unless they become stained or physically dirty for some reason. This is very rare though for me, and is yet to happen with the pair of jeans I am currently wearing.

My jeans never smell bad. I hang them up after every use and they air out to a neutral scent every time.

I am certain that I am not the only person on this forum that does not like to wash his/her jeans.

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #12 of 34
Apparently washing your jeans is not something you do when they cost $300. Maybe once or twice, hand washed during their lifetime, but that's it.

Makes sense, even my regular $30 american eagle jeans get faded with regular washing, but it's not such a problem since they cost 10 times less!

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently washing your jeans is not something you do when they cost $300. Maybe once or twice, hand washed during their lifetime, but that's it.

QFT.

high(er) end jeans don't need to be washed nearly as much.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont understand how they dont NEED to be washed. Do they have some sort of shield that keeps them from getting dirty or smelly compared to cheap jeans?

Personally, I believe no jeans need to be washed ever. The fading that occurs is too noticeable even after one wash to bother washing. I have never had a problem with smell or dirty feeling of any jeans that I own, and I never wash them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back