Shozy Hibiki Special Edition
Feb 14, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #31 of 42
3DACB528-27EA-4DA7-87F9-078218AEE969.jpeg Some brief notes and impressions.

Hibiki SE is good.
It has that Shozy house sound.
Deep overall, solid bass, yet fairly even overall as typical of a single DD. Lows more present than the mids.
Fast response.
Medium sound stage.
Nice meaty textured sub bass.
More opened up than the original Hibiki, has more extension.
If you have experienced the zero and original hibiki you will enjoy the refinement the special edition brings to the table.

Mar 13, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #32 of 42
I got the Hibiki SE as a backup IEM for my plane flights and also listening to videos for IFE systems and my tablet. Happy to report that these are not sensitive IEMs and do well with just about any source with minimum to noise.

Soundwise, I agree with the above, but would add that I hear a major dip in the 3-6 kHz range but nice extension beyond that. It's that high end extension keeps me form saying this is a dark sounding IEM. However, the dip pulls most of the treble to the background to my ears, but some may prefer this. Reminds me more of the Audeze tuning. Not my cup of tea for music, but it sounds great for videos and the sound stage with video is larger than I expected. I watched a couple movies and really had a great experience. Good sound isolation on the plane too.

Fit is great and really feels like a custom IEM as I am using JVC Spiral tips. All I can say about my ears is that the size and shape are pretty much average according to my audiologist.

Good IEM at a good price point.

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #35 of 42
T
I got the Hibiki SE as a backup IEM for my plane flights and also listening to videos for IFE systems and my tablet. Happy to report that these are not sensitive IEMs and do well with just about any source with minimum to noise.

Soundwise, I agree with the above, but would add that I hear a major dip in the 3-6 kHz range but nice extension beyond that. It's that high end extension keeps me form saying this is a dark sounding IEM. However, the dip pulls most of the treble to the background to my ears, but some may prefer this. Reminds me more of the Audeze tuning. Not my cup of tea for music, but it sounds great for videos and the sound stage with video is larger than I expected. I watched a couple movies and really had a great experience. Good sound isolation on the plane too.

Fit is great and really feels like a custom IEM as I am using JVC Spiral tips. All I can say about my ears is that the size and shape are pretty much average according to my audiologist.

Good IEM at a good price point.
They remove this removed 4.8khz to 8khz with peak on 3khz.

This helps in super resonance build up...and expands the stage.

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #36 of 42
Add captions, your accent needs a lot of my concentration...

No offence

By the way, nice video

Compare it with old hibiki hand to hand too

Will be waiting to watch one from you

As for accent, I'm really sorry, I'm working on that now, but it's not something I can fix quickly
As for comparison with regular Hibiki, may be I'll make video, but difference is pretty obvious: it's design, tighter lows and a bit more relaxed treble with a hint of more extension. Hibiki SE is more "organic" and more engaging on mids, if you listen to classcial music, instrumental, jazz… Styles that rely on "acoustical" instruments (may be it's a wrong word)

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #37 of 42
As for accent, I'm really sorry, I'm working on that now, but it's not something I can fix quickly
As for comparison with regular Hibiki, may be I'll make video, but difference is pretty obvious: it's design, tighter lows and a bit more relaxed treble with a hint of more extension. Hibiki SE is more "organic" and more engaging on mids, if you listen to classcial music, instrumental, jazz… Styles that rely on "acoustical" instruments (may be it's a wrong word)
I'm more interested to know how the original Hibiki compares to the Mee M6 2nd Generation you reviewed a little while back.

Apr 20, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #38 of 42
I'm more interested to know how the original Hibiki compares to the Mee M6 2nd Generation you reviewed a little while back.

M6Pro has much more noticeable lows and treble and are a bit sharper on mids. Actually, Hibiki SE are a pretty mid-accented, with natural and organic mids, and M6Pro-2 doesn't have such accent (but mids are less lively too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back