show your imod 5g
Mar 4, 2009 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

a19als

Head-Fier
hi guys if you have imod 5g, show us your experience! How and where you did?
how much it cost! what parts added on! Thanks!
regular_smile .gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 8
OK this DIYMOD 5.5G I bought the initial ipod from ebay as new for $160 shipped, I then installed a 120gb drive, clear faceplate and clickwheel, performed the DIYMOD myself with 34AWG pure silver wire and made this VCAP dock plus cables. I dont want to say what the whole thing cost
redface.gif
but still not bad I guess, considering I made the whole thing including VCAP dock and cables for about the money RWA would have charged me for just IMOD (with 120gb) plus a regular blackgate LOD like the one I made in the last pic which you can see still has the protective plastic on the backplate. I suppose the DIYMOD cost me about $300 with the 120gb drive and the VCAP plus cables about $550 as its a teflon VCAP diock and has 4 caps, supwerior to the ALO version so all up about $850 for the DIYMOD, dock, cables

lisaIIIXPwithteflondockmini-1-4P-1.jpg
lisaIIIXPwithteflondockmini-1-4P-sa.jpg
120gbdiymodwithclearface-platean-1.jpg

Mar 5, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 8
thanks
biggrin.gif
, the VCAP rig isnt something that you would carry everywhere, but I do take it with me most places in my bag. I have a smaller 2 cap dock that I use with my pico if I need something pocketable. also it sounds totally fine with the blackgate LOD to, just not as refined.

Mar 5, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK this DIYMOD 5.5G I bought the initial ipod from ebay as new for $160 shipped, I then installed a 120gb drive, clear faceplate and clickwheel, performed the DIYMOD myself with 34AWG pure silver wire and made this VCAP dock plus cables. I dont want to say what the whole thing cost
redface.gif
but still not bad I guess, considering I made the whole thing including VCAP dock and cables for about the money RWA would have charged me for just IMOD (with 120gb) plus a regular blackgate LOD like the one I made in the last pic which you can see still has the protective plastic on the backplate. I suppose the DIYMOD cost me about $300 with the 120gb drive and the VCAP plus cables about $550 as its a teflon VCAP diock and has 4 caps, supwerior to the ALO version so all up about $850 for the DIYMOD, dock, cables

lisaIIIXPwithteflondockmini-1-4P-1.jpg
lisaIIIXPwithteflondockmini-1-4P-sa.jpg
120gbdiymodwithclearface-platean-1.jpg

[size=large]Wow!! serious stuff!! Thank you for sharing! DIY make more fun[/size]!
smile_phones.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #6 of 8
who next?

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #7 of 8
want more!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back