Show us your White headphones, today.
Mar 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
I love the look of white headphones when it's new. I was hoping you guys would share what they look like after some use. Please tell us how long you've had them and how you use it.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 11
Wow, it must be fate. I came here tonight to post a question about...white headphones! More specifically a pair i tried on as a kid. When i was about 9 my grandfather took me shopping for headphones at Tweeter Etc (amazing store back then). My only experience at that point was the tiny on ear type that came with my sony Walkman cassette player. Long story short, the guy had me audition a pair ( i remember him putting on Who Are You...a Mobile Fidelity Half Speed Master possibly) and these things blew my mind. The only thing i remember was that they were off white and had red foam covering on the earcups. In fact they were kinda like my HD 598 but this was in 1980. They were way out of my price range, whatever they were.

Anyone have any idea what it was i heard?

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 11
Heres my white pro700's on my makeshift foam stand being held by a weight. Been too lazy to get another stand. I dont use them as much as i would like, but damn they sure do look sexy!!!!

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #6 of 11
I have a $10 fake Beats Solo from DealExtreme that I use occasionally to troll people who know I despise the brand, but I won't bother posting a picture because we all know what they look like by now.

As for keeping things clean, it all comes down to treatment. There's a person who lives near me whose son has pure white pants and a dirt driveway. He wears the pants at least once a week through Winter, through rain, through sitting on bus seats, and beyond, and they stay miraculously clean. If you obsessively remove flaws as they happen, the accumulation of grime slows or stops.

Mar 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #7 of 11
Huh, haven't you got the AKG K701 anymore then?

Quote:
How you guys keep it so clean? I haven't bought one because I worry it would look nasty after a few weeks of use.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
Huh, haven't you got the AKG K701 anymore then?

I do, but it's not completely white like some headphones.  My K701 doesn't leave the house so it's minty.

Mar 19, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #11 of 11
Bought them off a guy i found on the interwebz after some crazy researching!! They were released in 2007, really hard to come by now days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back