Show Us Your Sanctuary
Jul 17, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #17 of 126
Hi all! I sent an e-mail to HeadRoom, but I figure I'll post this here so everyone can see it.

This is the small picture:
waiter_small.jpg

Full Size

A little description about the picture: That is my home headphone setup featuring my very comfortable Beyerdynamic DT770pro headphones which I love along with my HeadAmp Gilmore Lite amp. I use my headphones for for three things: (1) Listening to my music, (2) Watching movies, and (3) playing computer games. Just a few years ago I never knew of high end audio, and using headphones has helped me reach sound quality I never dreamed of. I can relax to some peaceful music, or rock out to some heavy metal. As I move down this headphone journey, I enjoy helping others on forums such as head-fi.org and hardforum.com, afterall this is what I hope to become in the future; a teacher.
My journey is not complete; not by a long shot. I expect to have many more years of fun and excitement trying out new audio equipment and being able to enjoy my music that much more.

Headphones are, my Serenity!

Here's to hoping I win.
Thanks a lot,
~Drew

Jul 18, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #19 of 126
We have some great entries guys!!! Check out the contest page to see the competition. Keep them coming. Contest ends in less than two weeks.

Jul 18, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #20 of 126
Hmm, maybe I'll hash out some 12-Bar Blues and chunk it out - you don't accept recordings, but hey why not the lyrics, right? I'll see if I can record em tonite and stick them up somewhere. I won't worry about the kid screamin' and the dog barkin', it helps with the mood!

"Blues in a Can"

Was hot as hell at work girl
So I wrote myself a song
Headphones wrapped up 'round my head
Gotta have 'em all day long

Now it's time I get home baby
I done workin' for The Man
You know I got the Blues, darlin'
So lemme hear 'em through a Can

wink.gif

Jul 18, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #21 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Hmm, maybe I'll hash out some 12-Bar Blues and chunk it out - you don't accept recordings, but hey why not the lyrics, right? I'll see if I can record em tonite and stick them up somewhere. I won't worry about the kid screamin' and the dog barkin', it helps with the mood!

"Blues in a Can"

Was hot as hell at work girl
So I wrote myself a song
Headphones wrapped up 'round my head
Gotta have 'em all day long

Now it's time I get home baby
I done workin' for The Man
You know I got the Blues, darlin'
So lemme hear 'em through a Can

wink.gif

A recording would be GREAT!!! I was going to write something about that but didn't think I'd get any submissions. You could be the first MP3 download offered on our website. Let's hear you work that microphone.
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #22 of 126
why not i'll give it a shot after dinner then - i've got zero pressure since i already know i'm no SRV, hehe
cool.gif

Jul 19, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #24 of 126
teehee whipped this up in 10 min while the wife was walkin' the dog - hope this link works!

Jul 19, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #25 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
teehee whipped this up in 10 min while the wife was walkin' the dog - hope this link works!

I wish I knew how to play the guitar........ :sigh:
Cool lyrics, but boy, without them on paper, I couldn't make out half of it ^_^!!!

Jul 19, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #26 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7
I wish I knew how to play the guitar........ :sigh:
Cool lyrics, but boy, without them on paper, I couldn't make out half of it ^_^!!!

i sold it hard man, like i was channeling dylan doing howling wolf doing a Charmin commercial!
cool.gif

Jul 19, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #27 of 126
That's awesome Jahn!!
blink.gif
blink.gif
Thanks for participating. I sure hope you e-mailed it to us but I'll make sure it's considered in case the file is too big.

Sweet.

Jul 19, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #28 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey
That's awesome Jahn!!
blink.gif
blink.gif
Thanks for participating. I sure hope you e-mailed it to us but I'll make sure it's considered in case the file is too big.

Sweet.

haha yep, sent you a 320MP3 of it via email, the WAV was too big, even for a gmail attachment. a fun way to sneak in some "me" time, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back