Show us your dog!
Feb 15, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #61 of 1,109
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is Smarty (name given to him before we adopted him), sometimes I call him Smartass. He's is about 8 months old.

smartassle5.jpg

Love that scheming look.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #63 of 1,109
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuckymucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaha thanks for the compliment?
tongue.gif

Seriously, I would like to get more familiar with this breed. I showed my wife the picture and she went bananas too
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #64 of 1,109
Here's some pics of our Akita pup as she grew up and her big sister Alba which we adopted from the Humane Society.

At 3 months:
Querque3m.jpg

Alba and Querque at 3 months old:
AlbaQuerque340.jpg

Well she grew.....LOL!! this is the pair with Querque at nine months and still growing....LOL

9months.jpg

chomp.jpg

CHOMP!!!!!

querque.jpg

Querque

alba.jpg

Alba on alert....

At 4 years Querque has filled out nicely.
querque3.jpg

albaeyes.jpg

Alba - The eyes that talk....

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #69 of 1,109
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lots of beautiful dogs here(and some cats too).

If you didn't see my new puppy from a recent thread here he is with my Pico

lol

IMG_1522.jpg

Pico & Pico

Given your handle, I expected something .... well a little bigger.
wink.gif

dane_magdrl.jpg

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #70 of 1,109
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhendrickson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ran a search and didn't see a thread like this that I could add on to and I love to see others peoples dogs so I am starting one. I hope others will want to contribute!

I don't have cats, and would like to keep this thread limited to canines only.

Please post photos of your dog(s), their name, and any other information you might want to share. Try to keep the photos 1024 pixels wide or less, and please do not include the photo if you QUOTE anyone. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Here is my dog, Lola. She's a purebred miniature dachshund that turns 2 years old on February 14th.

Doxies FTW!
biggrin.gif

Here's our miniature wiredhair dachshund, Pixel, or Pixie. She's 5 years old and still a puppy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Our second meeting, despite the look in the picture, she isn't actually biting my husband's face off.
smily_headphones1.gif

Image-31A255B299F811D7.jpg

What she thinks of last minute grooming in her first show:

Image-5759C31CB75411D7.jpg

I really need to get my photos out of the crappy iweb slideshow format sometime. I have more current pics..
frown.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #72 of 1,109
I wanted to add in regard to doxies and temperament, they aren't supposed to be aggressive with strangers, but I've known some that were.... like my grandpa's dachshund when I was little. That dog made me afraid of dogs for much of my childhood.

Now when Pixie barks at the mail carrier, she sounds really big, and mean. The thing is though, she's barking at the door. "Hey! Door! Open the door! Hey! Hey! Hey! I've got all the time in the world, I'll outlast you!" Anyone whose come over can vouch that the big angry bark turns into little friendly bundle of energy once she can see you.

Friendly to a fault, she has to be the center of attention, and won't stop until her tongue has met your face. Like she said before, she can outlast you, you may as well give in because this is going to happen.

But then she is also too nervous. It's from her father's side of the family. Luckily she's too happy and kind to ever be a risk around people, and she loves kids, but the breeder discontinued the line because, her words, "I don't breed nervous dogs." (that's her critical breeder's voice talking. She loves her dogs very much.)

So if you're a mail or paper carrier in this building, the mean barking dog actually wants to give you kisses.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #73 of 1,109
My favorite thread! I love dogs and feel at home in this thread. Here's some shots of my dog:

kaiseravatarvg6.png

kaisereditedbackyard002vt4.png

panasonicfz20005sq3.jpg

panasonicfz20006mg1.jpg

His name is Kaiser and he is my best friend. You might say, he keeps me going.

Feb 19, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #74 of 1,109
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Given your handle, I expected something .... well a little bigger.
wink.gif

dane_magdrl.jpg

^^^may I introduce myself and the Mrs.
biggrin.gif

Here are my other 2 dogs as puppies:

1185731570044175878S500x500Q85.jpg

1097876022044175878S500x500Q85.jpg

Feb 19, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #75 of 1,109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sam & Maddy- both love Jazz.

Holy crap how did you get a picture of my dog! Haha your black dog looks exactly like mine. What breed is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back