show off your tattoos!
Feb 24, 2005 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tsplash75

100+ Head-Fier
stealing thunder from bhd's post on his inner lip tattoo.. who else has tattoos?

i do.

tattoo.jpg

got mine in may of 2003 and it's the kanji characters for 'tsunami'.

Feb 24, 2005 at 7:18 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsplash75
got mine in may of 2003 and it's the kanji characters for 'tsunami'.

Hehe... bet that'll go over like a lead balloon these days.

Did you make sure that's what it said, by the by? There's been many instances of people getting Chinese/Japanese/Korean (not to group the different cultures, but they're probably the most popular three languages for tattoos over here) tattoos and discovering later it means something entirely different from what they were originally told.

Feb 24, 2005 at 8:04 AM Post #3 of 8
i'm asian... and yes.. the characters are most definitely the traditional kanji (japanese) characters.

i could give you a long story on why i chose to use tsunami for a tattoo, but i don't need to defend it, especially because it has NO relation to the most recent headlining natural disaster.

personally, i think it's rather foul of you to force a relation between the two.

if i had the kanji characters for airplanes on my arm, would that 'go over like a lead balloon'? i didn't think so and no one would make references to the tragic losses of 9/11.

Feb 24, 2005 at 8:10 AM Post #4 of 8
if i showed the picture of one tattoo i plan to get i'd be banned

but i will tell you i want to get a smiley face put on my middle finger

Feb 24, 2005 at 10:52 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsplash75
i'm asian... and yes.. the characters are most definitely the traditional kanji (japanese) characters.

i could give you a long story on why i chose to use tsunami for a tattoo, but i don't need to defend it, especially because it has NO relation to the most recent headlining natural disaster.

personally, i think it's rather foul of you to force a relation between the two.

if i had the kanji characters for airplanes on my arm, would that 'go over like a lead balloon'? i didn't think so and no one would make references to the tragic losses of 9/11.

Hey man, I'm not trying to start a war. I figured the psuedo-laugh ("Hehe") at the beginning of my post might clue you in, but apparently not. I really don't give a rip what you have for tattoos. You can have a Swastika encircled with a Pentragram for all I care. I was merely commenting that in today's rather charged society, people tend to associate the most asinine things with being offensive. Products with 'Tsunami' in their name were pulled even though they were around long before the disaster, and had no bearing whatsoever on it.

And good for you for knowing what the characters actually mean. I always found it funny and stupid that people would permanently imprint a word or phrase on their body, without even knowing what it actually is.

Feb 24, 2005 at 12:06 PM Post #8 of 8
Sometimes I really want to get tatooed again, but I am affraid my kid will turn out and try to get a maori type face tatoo. I can't even say a bad word because he'll say it all week. But if I go for one again, I'll probably get my wife's name, and also my children's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back