Show me your desk!
May 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Myrdin

Head-Fier
I am curious about what your workspace looks like. How do you organize your tools and parts? I need an alternative to just piling stuff to one side.

As an aside, I find a thin, fine knife like the Opinel in the photo to be much handier than wire strippers when dealing with fancy audio cables.

May 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 23
I use the proven method of just piling stuff on both sides.
normal_smile%20.gif

May 8, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 23
Naw, no big projects right now. There's just piles of raw cable lying around the desk and connectors rolling around my parts drawer.

The "both sides" piling method looks promising!

May 8, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 23
I don't have pictures right now but I have a 2'x1' pegboard mounted to the wall on top of my little work desk. Gets my tools up and off the desk which (theoretically) should leave more room for doing stuff. Of course, right now it's covered in random parts for three separate projects.

May 9, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 23
My desk has no real organisation to it, it's just a card table in my room that I do DIY on and it gradually gets filled with stuff. It's a bit of a mess.
I do tidy it sometimes and pack away my tools, but that's a rare occasion.

The table at the moment:

I also have DIY spilling onto other surfaces:

May 9, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 23
Wooo arduino volume control and lcd display?

May 9, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 23

Quote:
Wooo arduino volume control and lcd display?

Yep, that's right, it'll eventually be part of the Opus. I've got the volume and display working OK with a bit of test code, but haven't got a working Opus module yet to hook it up to and control.
And at the back there is what was my EeePC and is now mounted in a frame. Just gotta mount a backing board to protect the insides. You can see the case on the floor in the first photo :p

May 9, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #9 of 23

Unfortunately that's about as organized as it gets most days.  It drives me nuts but it's an "it is what it is" situation for now. 

May 9, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #10 of 23

This pic is a bit old, that stack is a bit larger now with another small bench power supply, another matching DVM (2nd from the bottom), another DSO and a PC.

I don't have much suggestion on organisation, I use lots of boxes to put parts/projects in progress in so you can swap them out on the desk easy enough. Hand tools get piled on the right hand side, makes it kinda easy to get access to them

May 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #13 of 23
Not a desk or a work station, more the kitchen table when I can get the time......

May 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #14 of 23
Remember, too clean of a desk is the sign of a sick mind (or so I'm told).
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back