Shouldn't this type of music be called "country rock"? (Theory Of A Deadman, and similar bands)
Jun 15, 2014 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Headphoneus Supremus
I have several friends and acquaintances who enjoy bands that I dislike because to me they sound like a cross between country music and rock music. (Generally speaking, I dislike country. I do like some of what I've heard though; it would be incorrect and ridiculous to say that I dislike the entire genre.)

All of these people I know say they can't stand country music - the entire genre, they claim - so I'm left very confused about the whole situation. I would consider this (see video below) to be country music or at the very least, "quasi-country". That being said, these bands do have songs that are clearly not quasi-country; songs that are definitely one subgenre or another of rock music, so couldn't we split the difference and call them "country rock"?

Wikipedia refers to them as Alternative Metal and Hard Rock, which is very odd to me. I don't know of any metal bands that also sound like country (lol), and "Hard Rock" includes bands that rock much harder than these guys do, without any hint of country whatsoever.

Example below.

Warning, there is a bit of minor un-censored swearing in this song, so it's probably NSFW. Please proceed accordingly.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r-TyMwBjOg[/VIDEO]

Jun 21, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 2
That sounds like some twisted mix between country and cheesy metal, and that's never a good combination. 

If you're gonna rock country, then "Raise Hell, Drink Beer!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back