Shouldn't Have Expected Much for $40
Oct 12, 2011 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Centropolis

100+ Head-Fier
I had an impulse buy just an hour ago during my lunch break from work.  I went down to The Source and saw the Sony MDR-NC7 on sale for CDN$40 from CDN$70.  So I convinced myself, I know they won't be great but atleast I have noise-cancelling.  And they won't sound great but for $40 I was willing to take a chance.

Holy crap.....they sound terrible.  I regret spending even $40 on them.  The funny thing is, they sound slightly better if you turn on the NC.  They sound like $10 headphones if you turn NC off.

Just wanted to share this story.

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
The funny thing is, they sound slightly better if you turn on the NC.  They sound like $10 headphones if you turn NC off.

The same effect occurs in the Goldring NS1000. Without the NC they are real crap, but if you turn it on, they sound pretty decent.

Do you have any amp to try them? Maybe they sound better, like the NS1000 do if you use an amp with them.

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
The same effect occurs in the Goldring NS1000. Without the NC they are real crap, but if you turn it on, they sound pretty decent.

Do you have any amp to try them? Maybe they sound better, like the NS1000 do if you use an amp with them.

I have the PA2V2 at home.  I will try them out tonight with the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back