Should we have freedback threads for headphone manufactures constomer service?
Jan 5, 2007 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aaroncort

Banned
Does this sound like a good idea? Like buyer/seller feedback for manufacturers and how they take care of warranty issues and repairs. Dedicated threads with out all the chit chat. I think that it would and should be a factor when deciding what headphone to buy. Perhaps just having a Shure Inc, Grado, Sennheiser, AKG, etc threads in the buyer seller feedback.

There have to be a lot of us that at one time or another have to make use of the warranty the come with our headphones. So far all the complaining or praising is scattered all over the various forums. and is a pain to track down that i never think about doing it when deciding on a headphone. If it was made easy then I just might look it up.

I bring this up because a year ago when i bought my shure e5c one of the factors was a thread I happened to run across that talked about how great their customer service is. I broke my e5cs yesterday called them and they said they'd replace them at no charge and with no receipt. The date of their manufacturing is stamped on the headphone plug and have a 2 year warranty.

I think head-fi is getting large enough to have SOME influence on manufacturers. Perhaps enough to improve on areas were they may sag.

Does this sound like a good or lame idea to you?

Jan 5, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 2
I think any semi-decent consumer company is going to have 90%+ positive comments. So you're generally going to see these high percentages of satisfaction, or just hear from the people who aren't happy. I don't see the value as result.

On a related note, I'm personally tired of seeing posts so many posts from people who have some minor problem and post here before they've even started talking to the manufacturer. Example, "My cable broke on XXX! What do I do? Will company XXX help me? I'm so upset!"

I don't know how many other people feel the same, but hearing about repairs that were handled in warranty is lame and clogs the forums-you're going to have a certain percentage of problems with any product, and posting them repeatedly isn't really necessary.

It'd be great if people just posted with problems where the manufacturer was either suggesting an unreasonable fix or didn't ultimately reach a satisfying conclusion for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back