Should we have another Cincinnati mini meet?
Apr 6, 2005 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

EdipisReks

Banned
there has been some talk on a couple threads about maybe having another cincinnati mini meet, and i thought it might be good to have a thread specifically devoted to the idea. i would call it a lead up to the meet at Singlepower East in June. if people are interested, i can most likely get that same conference room at CCM, as long as a i have at least a weeks notice. what does everyone think?

Apr 7, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 11
I am interested in another meet. I still don't have a car, so hopefully someone from the area could give me a ride again.

Did you have a date you were thinking of?

Is there a thread somewhere about the Singlepower East meet?

Apr 7, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 11
as far as i know there hasn't been a Singlepower East meet thread, yet. we should probably start planning that soon. as far as a Cincinnati mini meet, it would be a more impromtu thing. the only reason that i started this thread is because there had been a bit of back in forth in other threads about having one, but it appears that there isn't that much interest in a pre Singlepower East meet.

Apr 12, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #4 of 11
I want to get a five or so person mini-meet. I want this one to be a serious listening oriented meet vs a more social oriented gathering. I was thinking EdipisReks, bg4533, rempert, acs236 and go_vtec. Edipis if you want to come up this weekend I can accomodate you. Rempert has a car and maybe can give bg4533 a ride. Acs236 and go_vtec can possibly ride together too. If these head-fiers cant make it I will open it up for some others. I would like to invite everyone but I need more planning for a bigger meet. These individuals are closer to me and /or have been here previously. I will have the SLAM PPX3, Headamp GS-1, Woo Audio 3 and hopefully a prototype SLAM MPX3. In addition there is still my supra 6cg7 tube rectified amp and the MPX3-6/12SN7. Give me a pm if your interested. This is short notice, I know, but I think we can pull it off.

Apr 13, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 11
Earl and I talked previously and I said I could not make it. If someone from Cincinnati or ACS236 goes, please see if Earl wants to send his 650's to me for a cable please. Bring them back with you. ACS236 I can pick them up at your place if you get them. It also gives me extra incentive to go to Parts Express while I am there. I love that place.
icon10.gif
Have a good time guy's.
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2005 at 8:07 AM Post #7 of 11
I really need to check this forum more often! I guess it's officially the weekend already. If this mini-meet is on, I should be able to make it and would be happy to offer bg4533 a ride (assuming he's willing to ride in such a piece of junk
icon10.gif
). Sunday would be better than Saturday at this point, but I can make either.

Apr 16, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rempert
I really need to check this forum more often! I guess it's officially the weekend already. If this mini-meet is on, I should be able to make it and would be happy to offer bg4533 a ride (assuming he's willing to ride in such a piece of junk
icon10.gif
). Sunday would be better than Saturday at this point, but I can make either.

I work today until 5pm. I could go after that if the meet is in the evening. I have plans to go mountain biking tomorrow, but since my bike is still in pieces I doubt I will be able to go anyway. So, anytime tomorrow would be fine.

Apr 16, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #10 of 11
I am shooting for a mini-meet Saturday April 30th. I gave up on today as no one was available. I will be looking at from 10:00am until 4:00-5:00pm. This is going to be a serious listening meet. I am going with the first 5-6 people who commit. Three slots are already probably filled. If you really want a chance to get some time with a piece of equipment here will be your opportunity. I have four sources but seven amps so more sources will be necessary if you want to bring your own amps. I do a have a Fid Audio switchbox, a few extra interconnects, extra power conditioning and outlets and some power cords.

Here is what I will have setup:

sacdmods 555es> mpx3 #1> loop out> headamp GS-1> loop out> supra TR

sacdmods 555es> mpx3 #2> loop out> SLAM MPX3

sacdmods 963sa> SLAM PPX3

music hall cd-25> mpx3 old chassis

I talked to Mikhail and he may send me a prototype solid state amp for us to sample too.

The only headphones I have are the senn 650's so bring your grados or sony's or whatever else you want to hear.

I have three dogs and three cats so allergy sufferers BEWARE!!

Edipisreks, mikey01, bg4533 and rempert are all looking to come. I have invited acs236, and Adam if you want to contact go_vtec that would help out. I dont want to exclude anyone but I only have so much space right now. In the summer I can expand out into our sunroom for more room and I can invite more people. Anyone else that wants the last one or two slots give me a pm.

Apr 16, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #11 of 11
Hi guys. Any chance of holding a little meet on Monday June 27 or tues the 28th? I'm trying to hit the road to give folks a chance to listen to our new product line. You can see the thread asking for help here:
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115555

Users who are viewing this thread

Back