Should my ifi xDSD gryphon replace my Hifiman EF400 or should I keep both?
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SimpleAuricle

New Head-Fier
I mainly listen to my Hifiman HE1000 Stealth (v4) and AKG n5005. During the day, I'm at my desk and use the EF400. At night, I use my xDSD gryphon in bed. I honestly enjoy using both but I feel like maybe I should sell my EF400 and use the gryphon full time at my desk too.

I feel like the iFi xDSD Gryphon might be a good replacement for the Hifiman EF400 due to its high versatility and excellent sound quality. However it would also be nice to have a separate desktop setup and harmony/synergy between hifiman products... These two products do sound slightly different but I enjoy both!

What do you guys think? What should I do? What would you do?

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #2 of 2
I mainly listen to my Hifiman HE1000 Stealth (v4) and AKG n5005. During the day, I'm at my desk and use the EF400. At night, I use my xDSD gryphon in bed. I honestly enjoy using both but I feel like maybe I should sell my EF400 and use the gryphon full time at my desk too.

I feel like the iFi xDSD Gryphon might be a good replacement for the Hifiman EF400 due to its high versatility and excellent sound quality. However it would also be nice to have a separate desktop setup and harmony between hifiman product... These two products do sound slightly different but I enjoy both!

What do you guys think? What should I do? What would you do?
This is going to come down to personal preference. What do you want to do? I played around with the idea of just using a DAP or portable DAC/AMP for everything. I ended up moving away from that (I also had a ifi xDSD, which was excellent.) If you need the money, sell it. If you don't, keep it. Or don't - it's really up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back