should i use buf634 in wb mode?
May 11, 2003 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 8
no difference.... u don't need that much of bandwidth in music....
wink.gif

May 11, 2003 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 8
When I exerimented with WB vs NB, I did notice a slight change in WB mode. It sounded a bit mroe connected. Maybe I am crazy, but the change was instant as soon as V- was put on the pin. It is worth the try.

May 11, 2003 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 8
from the specification, there's 10db power supply rejection difference within audible range, and all frequence response become really flat.

oh, the input bias current increased to 5uA too, will this affect signal quality?

May 11, 2003 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 8
hi... from the datasheet, the only benifit stated when in WB is that "output voltage swing is somewhat improved", maybe there is some audible changes, but i can't notice it when i switch between WB and NB mode... maybe it's just me... i think u should try it urself and let us know what u think...

About the input bias current, here is the link that'll explain what u need to know,
http://www.ecircuitcenter.com/Circui...s/op_ibias.htm

forgot to say, if ur amp is running by external power source, then WB should be ur choice in this case, but if u plan to make it portable and powered by battery, then i think NB is the choice. The extra quescient current in WB mode is like powering another Cmoy....
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2003 at 8:18 PM Post #6 of 8
so, IMHO, it is impossible to cancel the input bias current, because there is only one input.
so in the meta42, the R7 should be jumped or keep minimal, am I right?

May 11, 2003 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 8
You can't use a BUF634 in a META42 without an adapter, the pins differ from the EL2001/2002.

According to Tangents site R7 is there to prevent ringing. It shouldn't be jumped but a 47 to 100 Ohm should be used. I put a 75 Ohm one there since it was pretty much in the middle of the recommended range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back