Should I use a PA2V2 between my EMU 0404 USB and my Denon D2000s?
Apr 8, 2008 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hunted Charlie

Head-Fier
OK, so say I've got a Macbook playing lossless files going to an EMU 0404 USB going to my Denon D2000s.

I just bought a Pocket Amp 2 Version 2 (it should ship today) for use as a portable amp. However, Gary suggested that I use it as well for my home setup, after my EMU 0404 as a dedicated amp.

To do this requires some new cable I'd have to go buy, which I'm really sick of at this point. So I was hoping somebody could tell me:

How much would it improve the sound quality of my home setup to add in the Pocket Amp between my EMU and my headphones? Does adding the dedicated amp help a lot? If so I'd definitely want the cable, as it's very cheap. Otherwise, I don't want to bother.

Apr 9, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 5
It would surely be better than the 0404, so why not? I mean, in terms of performance, if you can squeeze some out of it, why not?

cables surely dont cost much.

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #5 of 5
Adding a PA2V2 amp inline may or may not give you results you will prefer over using the amp of the 0404 alone. The only way you could know if this would be a good move for you is to try it, and I suspect this would be true of any amp you would try in this configuration. If it were me, I'd guess my preference would be without the PA2V2 inline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back