Should I use a BlingBling for 6G iPod?
Sep 30, 2007 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dkpaul

100+ Head-Fier
Hello.
Plans changed and I will be getting the 6G iPod (Classic).
ALO says that BlingBling is compatible with Classic iPod. Those who use it on the 6G iPod, is there a big difference between the headphone out and dock line out?

Sep 30, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 7
On the 4G, 5G, and 5.5G there is a big difference (with better than average amp and headphones). I have not heard the 6G but would have to say that based on past experience there will be a big difference.

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #3 of 7
Hi!
I'm trying out the ipod world with a 5 gen 30gb. Comes with a ALO ipod cryo dock.
Very curious to find out the truth about all the bashing on the ipod EQ quality.

At least I will be able to have my own opinion!
blink.gif
redface.gif

I got it with the line out cable to verify if it is true that line out is better than headphone jack.

on my X5, line out through amp is very good!!
580smile.gif

regards

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 7
As for the difference between earlier versions and the 6G there is quite a big thread here on this forum.
I have got a 6G recently and find the difference really small. The bass seems to extend a little further but the highs seem a little more harsh. Could be that after a decent number of hours that could still settle itself. I only have had a run time of one charge sofar.

As for the general difference between using the head-out or the bottom line out, there is a HUGE difference. Any cable will already give you the benefit of using the bottom line out. Let alone using a high quality cable and a high quality amp. And there are quite a number of good cable builders around.

All bottom dock connectors (and thus the cables) are compatible from the first to the last iPod inclusive Nano. Also the touch.

Rgds

Hans

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #5 of 7
I have 4G, 5.5G and a 160gig 6G classic.

I do hear enough difference through the line out that I think it is definitly worth the price of a line out cable. There is an improvement across the spectrum.

You might try head-direct for an excellent line out cable that is less than the bling bling.

Also on e bay there are some other choices, as little as 29.00
I think those are microshar cables

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 7
I'm listening right now with the line out on my 160G classic and there IS a huge difference. The SQ on the headphone out is definetly the best of any IPod to date (IMHO), but if you can afford a decent amp, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back