Should I Upgrade old IEM
Nov 24, 2014 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tony60

New Head-Fier
I have an elderly pair of Denon C751 IE headphone which are used mainly with an iPhone . I bought them some years ago and I've mostly been happy with them but recently I've the urge to buy a newer set., I also find that the sound is getting a bit harsh & muddled with some music I listen to ( pop-punk), Im getting on a bit now myself, so my ears are not in prime condition either lol.

Im not sure I want to pay the same sort of price bracket the denons were in, I suspect that technology has come on some since they were introduced so can I get the same sound quality ( or better ) for less money. I see SoundMagic E10S are £40ish would they be any improvement on the denons or would I have to go a little upmarket?

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
Tony

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #2 of 2
I think you can do better than Denon C751 these days without breaking too much bank.

I'll give you a few options to research.

In the lower tier look at: (these are all proven within the community at present)

Vsonic VSD3S
Soundmagic E10
Havi B3 PRO 1
Ostry KC06

if you want to go up to around $100

Yamaha EPH-100
Vsonic GR07 Classic
Vsonic VC1000
Shure SE215

If you want to go all out at $200

Dunu DN-1000.

Personally if you do have $200 odd to spend then Dunu DN-1000 would be my recommendation. Its a hybrid design which has a dynamic driver for the lows and dual balanced armatures for the mids / highs, punches well above the $200 mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back