Should I upgrade my Brainwavz B2 to a JH10x3 pro?
Feb 23, 2018 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tamleo

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I love my B2 and want to upgrade it to a new excellent bright-sounding custom iem. Is a JH10 worth? Cause a JH10 is ~5.5 times as expensive as a B2.
Or should I try a little harder and get a Jh13 as an end-game iem?
Thank everyone so much!

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi,

You’re not likely to go much wrong with the 10x3 or 13s to be honest. If they are your first customs then you’d be quite happy. Not heard the 10x3 but I have the jh5 and 13v2 pro. The 13s are not what I would characterise as bright, more like flat. They require some power to really sound their best though, so getting higher end customs are much like going down the rabbit hole. They lead to other things.

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 6
I own the JH 10x3 Pro and it is not bright sounding. It is, however, one of the best sounding headphones / IEMs I've heard period.

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Thank you guys. I have some Schiit stacks so I don't worry too much about rabbit hole things.
Can you guys please tell me if those JH customs have the detail level of the B2 because they are more bassy?
I also have an Audeze LCD-2 as my all-round headphone and I love it a lot. Though the LCD-2 has a super rich/detail mids, I can only hear some tiny audio instrumental sound via the B2. Balanced amateur technology made me obsessed with musical detail.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 6
I’m quite satisfied with the details from the jh13s, bass is a matter of preference thanks to the bass pod. But i’ve been using black dragons which to my ears improves the Low end details and overall coherence of the monitors quite a bit. For reference my desktop rig is a mojo running to Sony CD900STs, and these compare favourably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back