Should I try and trade my zu mobius for and iPod Video?
Feb 24, 2006 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

aaroncort

Banned
God, I'm actually thinking about trying to trade my 2.5 meter Zu Mobius Cable for and iPod video. I like this cable quite a bit but really don't have a good enough system to warrent having a 244 dollar cable. Do you guys think that I should hold onto it just in case I upgrade my system someday (which I'm not really planning on)? I need a new mp3 player since my nomad jukebox 3 is acting very quirky, but am I a fool for wanting to get rid of this great cable? Should I just geta cheeper player and pay cash insted?

Feb 24, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 7
Tough call. I'd hang onto it, as I don't really see the point in selling something unless you are not using it anymore or don't like it. Of course if you really need the money then...

Feb 24, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 7
This is all in my opinion, and I will not engage in a debate:

If it is either the cable, or an iPod for your system, I would jump all over an iPod. No matter how good the cable is, it will not make as much of a difference as a good source will. Now, I would vote for keeping the cable, and buying an iPod, especially if you think you might buy the same cable again down the road.

To sum up, my suggestion is to trade the cable for an iPod, if it is either one or the other.

Feb 24, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 7
You guys make good points. It is a matter of money. I need alot of things done like new glasses, I need to go to the dentist and get a cavity filled and all of thiese things cost money. Well what to do? Mu mp3 player is still currently working so its not a must right now but it probably will not last for more than 6 more months. The scroll wheel is jumping around and slowly breaking and there is no fix for this problem. The wheel is needed for navigation. I think I might just end up just trading it. I also have a pair of woodie cups that I don't use anymore since I have a pair of Shure e5's for portable use. I might be able to get a good deal out of this...

Thanks for your help guys. I really need some other opinions to make sure that I wasn't being impulsive and unable to tell that I was being so.

Feb 24, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 7
In my opinion, teeth and eyes are more important than cables and media players.
tongue.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 7
yes they are, I have enough money for these things just not enough for a new MP3 player as well. You gotta love teeth! The biggest pain in my ass ever. Why I need new glasses is a funny story. I was hauling a 4 ft diameter saw blade while wearing a pair of aviators and had my glasses clipped to my shirt collar. Of course a tip of the blade came in contact with a lens and now there's a 1 inch scratch. I felt like a royal jackass for not seeing that one coming.

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 7
I was at an American Cancer Society Relay for Life event and I placed my Oakleys in my backpack thinking no one would step on them, and they did. Now they are pretty much bent out of shape permanently even though a lot has been done to restore them to original condition.

Although to answer your original question...I guess it might depend on whether you want it now or later? I could be wrong...but it seems like the Mobius is a cable that will always be at its current price, whereas the iPod gets cheaper as time goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back