Should I Switch From Shure to Jaybird?
Jul 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

KrabbyKakes

New Head-Fier
Alright guys, I have a set of Shure SE215LTDs (the blue cases with extra bass), and was wondering if I should switch to some Jaybird Blue Jays. The reason is that I got tired of using normal ear buds for working out, so I started researching Sport headphones. The Jaybirds where pretty much always the highest recommended, and I know they are considered the best Bluetooth IEMs, but I didn't want to shell out $170 for some more headphones.

I had decided to get some Monster iSport Intensities, but the more and more I thought about it, I wanted to sell my Shures and get the Jaybirds. I like the Shures and all, but there are just some things that make them a pain to use. The extra stiff cable is one of them. It takes a while to put them on because the cable doesn't like to bend. I can't use the headphones with a case because the jack is too large, and the cable is very short.

I do have some reservations about the Blubuds, though. One of them is, of course, sound quality.

I listen to a lot hip-hop and EDM when I workout (and casual listening, too), and I have hears that the Bluebuds have some weak bass. How would they hold up compared to my previous Shures?

The other question is battery life. I've had other Bluetooth headphones, and I occasionally forgot to charge them. How long should the Bluebuds last? I have heard that the supposed 8 hour runtime can drop to 4 if you listen to music loud. I listen to about 65-75% volume in a Nexus 5, which is about 45-50% for an iPod.

OK, sorry for the long read, but if you where in my shoes, what would you do. Keep the Sures and buy a separate pair, or sell the Shures and get some Bluebuds.

Thanks!-- Kris

P.S.- I have always wanted the Bluebuds, but decided on the Shures for the simplicity of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back