should i stick with westone 3?? or is there better alternatives??
Oct 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

barzman

New Head-Fier
hi, i used to be the proud owner of a pair of westone 3 IEM's. Unfortunately i lost them and now im looking to purchase a new pair. Initially i have chose to stick with westone 3 because during the time had them i thought they were amazing with there detailed sound n punchy bass. I listen to rnb,hip hop, dubstep, dance/house etc so personally i thought the westone 3's were amazing for these types of music, but over time iv researched and read up on other forums and noticed theres a lot of mixed opinions n reviews on iems for the genre's of music i listen to.iv still read a lot of positive things about westone 3 compared to the newer up to date headphones of today. So if you guys could give me some advice that would be great, basically i dont know wether to stick with what i know in westone 3's (which il say once again i think are amazing) or maybe change to a different iem but it MUST be on par or better than westone 3. Thanks for your time :wink: 

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 6
I think that music requires a big bassy sound.   If it wasn't for the music choice, W4 is clearly an improved more refined and balanced sound.

If you really like the bass I don't think you can do any better than W3 unless you went to $1000+ customs.

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 6
I concur.

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #6 of 6
ok thanks, one more thing, what would you recommend the best ear buds to use to get the most out of the w3's?? iv pretty much always used the small grey silicone earbuds but not really tried many of the others?? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back