Should I spend my money getting the TF10s, reshelling them, getting a driver added, and buying a new cable or just getting a nice pair like the UE4 from the start?
Oct 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NoBass99

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some custom mold IEMs for added isolation and comfort. I'm just not sure if i want to dish out 400 on a pair of headphones that are proven and reviewed or a pair that haven't been tested before... Also my budget isn't very high so any money I could save making my own cable or something of that sort is much appreciated. Also on a sidenote is it feasible to make my own cable with a mic? Thanks in advance.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 2
I would highly recommend auditioning the TF10s, see if you like them. After several weeks of usage, or as long of an audition that you can get, you should be able to judge whether or not you really want to keep them. If you do, reshell them, but I wouldn't recommend adding in another driver, as it doesn't make sense to spend on an IEM with a sound signature you like, only to reshell and kill any hope of resale, then change the sound drastically to something that you may not like.

The TF10 does have some fit issues for some people though, so if you find yourself enjoying their sound but having to push or hold them in your ears, you should consider reshelling. I can't comment on the microphone or cable, since I have no experience there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back