should i spend 100$ more?
Jul 31, 2009 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rubberchickenmx

Head-Fier
so i orignally had a budget of 120$
and i decided on the denon c751
now things have changed and i have a budget of around 250$

i could most likely push for the um2
i need really bassy phones as i listen to a lot of bass heavy genres such as hip pop, trance, etc

could i get noticeably better headphones than the denon c751 with these 100$ more? should i?

which headphones would you guys recommend? are the um2 good for bass?

edit: well not THAT bassy, just phones that will do well with my genres

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 6
The title of this thread (in the context of head-fi) made me Lol pretty hard. Props to the OP.

The new Denon C710s have been getting pretty good reviews, as have the JVC HA-FX500, both solid bass performers. Maybe the Senn IE7s though they are not nearly as FOTM as the above two.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 6
UM2 are very, very warm. Yes, they are good with bass.

Alternatives include the Monster Turbine, Future Sonics Atrio M5/M8, and JVC Victor HA-FX500/HA-FX1000 are also well within your price range. I have only listened to the M5 but I can tell you that the visceral impact and tactile feel of the dynamic driver inside the Atrio simply cannot be matched by the armature woofer in the UM2. I feel the Atrio M5 is just a better bass performer and sounds more woofer-ish than the UM2.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 6
The C710s are very new. There is one review by jant and I don't think anyone owns both them and the C751. Just read the reviews of both and see what you can make of them. I'll admit that I was rather intrigued by the C710s, but I try not to oil the hype machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back