Should i sell my DR150s or get an amp for them?
Jan 8, 2008 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Shauntell47

100+ Head-Fier
until recently, i just had my Audio-Techica ATH-CK7 canalphones for listening to while commuting...
but since last fall, i was kind of longing for headphones for at home... and so at christmas time, i got 4 pair so i could kind of have an idea of what i like and don't like...
i got 2 cheap koss phones for emergencies and for running and other stuff... and i also got the Goldring DR150s for at home and Audio-Technica ATH-M50s (DJ headphones) for travelling.... what i'm realising is that i actually prefer the M50s to my GRs... they seem more clear and have better bass IMO with a nice thump.... the GRs seem veiled compared to them... My DR150s are not completely burned in(10 hours) but so aren't my M50s...
so can someone tell me if i should wait for the Goldrings to burn in, buy an amp for them or sell them? thx a lot

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 4
Give the DR150s more time - at least 50 hours. I advise this because I've never thought the Goldrings to sound veiled at all. But if you still like the ATs better then keep those. It's what sounds good to your ears that should be your only deciding factor.

EDIT: One other thing - the Docs are source/amp sensitive. So it just may not match well with your source.

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 4
well, they sound veiled to me compared to the M50s, i guess i'll give them a bit more time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back