Should I Return My Zen Micro?
Aug 27, 2005 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ankga

New Head-Fier
I Just ordered my brand new ZM 2 days ago. and today i discovered that creative is going to release a brand new Zen Micro, The Zen Micro Photo.

the price is reasonable as they predict ($249). i feel like i'm screwed to order zen micro at this time. should i just go ahead cancel this order and wait until zen micro photo released? (it releases this Fall).

isn't it weird, been waiting for a quite time, and bought it. then in 2 month, the new one comes out.

Aug 27, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 10
thats a though choice. I'd wait cuz it has an 8gb instead of a 5 or 6, better battery and a colour screen so i agree its a good deal. The only problem is that you don't know what troubles the first batch of zen micro photos will have. The zen micro had problems at first(i think the ipod mini did too) but they are always fixed with time.

If you want a player soon id go for the micro. If not id wait for the photo and wait a month or two after it comes out for the bugs to get sorted out. if u can stand to wait that long
tongue.gif

Also if u dont need the photo function the price of the normal micro might come down with the introduction of the photo

Aug 28, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 10
With electronics and computer equipment you can play the waiting game forever and/or second-guess yourself until you turn blue. There will always be something better just around the corner, about to be released, and you'll never buy anything.

Let me ask you something - did you buy your Micro to listen to *music* or to look at crappy little compressed JPGs on a teeny-tiny color screen? I say plug in your phones, listen to some good tunes, kick your feet up, and be happy with what you've got.
etysmile.gif

Aug 28, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #8 of 10
I'm selling My Zen Micro to get the Zen Micro Photo, but not only because of the colour screen.

The ZM Photo improves:

- battery life, now 15 hours instead of 12
- 8Gb!
- 262,000 OLED screen

The 8Gb and improved battery life is enough for me to get it.

Sep 15, 2005 at 10:20 AM Post #9 of 10
The Zen Micro if you notice is the first of its kind for Creative to introduce, The photo is in a way second generation and I am sure Creative has improved or solved some of the issues that was bugging the first one. I was lookng through Creative sites and saw some of the accessories which looks pretty good. Speakers really nice, but I wonder how they would sound bearing in mind it is portable solution.

http://www.creative.com/products/pro...&product=11784

prod11784_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

Sep 15, 2005 at 11:35 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
With electronics and computer equipment you can play the waiting game forever and/or second-guess yourself until you turn blue. There will always be something better just around the corner, about to be released, and you'll never buy anything

I could not phrase this better myself.
Anyway, these little speakers look really cool. I borrowed TravelSound200 for a trip from a friend once and was surprised how powerfull they were - considering miniscule dimensions. These look much better, nice design.
(I only wonder if they come up with ass-kicking, pocket-size micro-woofer soon
icon10.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back