Should I replace Fulla 3 to power those... ?
May 1, 2020 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

d123

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Just got some Fulla 3 amp but my listening addiction exploded and I've got myself some Massdrop gems - HD58X and 4XX's plus planning to get some M40X or M50X for this bass punch (but there seem to be mixed opinions on those) and some Audeze Mobius (still on the fence with those, plus they don't use an amp).
I'm wondering if I should upgrade my DAC/AMP as Fulla 3 seem no to be very liked and not much recommended.

Thinking about:
Topping DX3 Pro / MX3
Focusrite Scarlett Solo/2i2 (could plug my guitar in)

or........... wait and be happy and maybe later down the road get something like TOPPING DX7S

May 1, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 13
You're on what is essentially an audiophile forum so it shouldn't surprise you that no one recommends the Fulla, however, they aren't recommending it because they don't own one or haven't heard it. Is there anything in particular that you're finding lacking with the Fulla 3? It's probably the best Dac/amp in that price range. If you want better (and I like Schiit), go Asgard 3 with a Modi 3 or Modi MB.

May 1, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 13
Fulla is fine. I'm looking for a step up as I bought the Fulla along with my first buy SHP9500's that worked great (still does).
Just want to buy something that would suit as a base for further exploration (disregarding that I don't plan buying for a while, besides those mentioned or maybe some IEM's)

May 1, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #4 of 13
Hi,
Just got some Fulla 3 amp but my listening addiction exploded and I've got myself some Massdrop gems - HD58X and 4XX's plus planning to get some M40X or M50X for this bass punch (but there seem to be mixed opinions on those) and some Audeze Mobius (still on the fence with those, plus they don't use an amp).
I'm wondering if I should upgrade my DAC/AMP as Fulla 3 seem no to be very liked and not much recommended.
Thinking about: Topping DX3 Pro / MX3, Focusrite Scarlett Solo/2i2 (could plug my guitar in)
or........... wait and be happy and maybe later down the road get something like TOPPING DX7S
As you already have the HD58X and HE4XX, can't see any good reason for getting the M40X or M50X.
My Topping DX7s is my home DAC/amp and my Fulla 3 is used for away from home.
I'm not really seeing a good enough reason for upgrading from the Fulla 3.
But the DX7s does come with dual DAC chips and a balanced headphone jack.
So getting balanced cables and the DX7s might offer some improvement, how noticeable?

May 1, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #5 of 13
@PurpleAngel - thanks for the reply.
is there a huge gap between DX7s and Fulla? What made me go for the Fulla was the mic input that I use for gaming.

Regarding MX'es i want something closed back mostly neutral and maybe with drizzle of bass that won’t break the bank.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #6 of 13
is there a huge gap between DX7s and Fulla? What made me go for the Fulla was the mic input that I use for gaming.

Regarding MX'es i want something closed back mostly neutral and maybe with drizzle of bass that won’t break the bank.
Soundmagic HP151 headphones, lively fun sound.

May 2, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #8 of 13

If your looking for a great closed back, check out the Meze 99 Noir on Drop. It’s one of the best spur of the moment purchases I’ve ever made.

May 2, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #9 of 13
Fulla is fine. I'm looking for a step up as I bought the Fulla along with my first buy SHP9500's that worked great (still does).
Just want to buy something that would suit as a base for further exploration (disregarding that I don't plan buying for a while, besides those mentioned or maybe some IEM's)

lf your looking to step up your amp game and want an all in one unit the Asgard 3 and Dx7 are both excellent options. Another to consider is the JDS Labs Element 2. Any of those amps will serve you well for a long time And work with just about any headphones you pick up while in the rabbit hole.

May 2, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #10 of 13
@mindhead1 , thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm planning to pull a trigger on DX3 Pro as DX7 is out of my budget.
Also, I would like to have a Mic-in in a amp/dac combo, but options seem really small and maybe I should stick to Fulla for now.

May 2, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #11 of 13
@mindhead1 , thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm planning to pull a trigger on DX3 Pro as DX7 is out of my budget.
Also, I would like to have a Mic-in in a amp/dac combo, but options seem really small and maybe I should stick to Fulla for now.

Have you looked at the Schiit Hel that might be a worthwhile upgrade that has the Mic-in feature. I'm a Topping fan and would seriously consider the DX3 if I was in the market. I'm listening to my Meze 99 with my NX4 amp right now. All that said, if the Fulla is working for you roll with it. It's a solid device.

May 2, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #13 of 13
I'm on the fence with the DX3 Pro v2 now, output impedance : <10 Ohms make them not so good for He4XX apparently.
I would not have an issue with plugging the 35-Ohm HE4XX headphones into the DX3 Pro's headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back