Should I raffle my stuff?
Jun 28, 2006 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Onix

Papá de Iñaki
I am unable to use headphones again due to an, as yet, undetermined ear problem that causes dizziness, pain on both ears and hearing loss and a clogged sensation on the rigth one. So, I am considering the possibility to get rid of my stuff and I have been thinking about organizing a raffle. The thing is that maybe I could get around a hundred dollars for everithing, but most of it would be used for shipping, since most of the members here are in the U.S. and Canada, and that would represent a loss. With a raffle, if there's enough interest of course, I could cover shipping with someone like Fed Ex and still get some good money I could invest in my new house, while the winner of the raffle could get a good set for around maybe five or ten dollars. Anyway, since I don't wanna be acussed of profittering (sp?), I am putting this idea for consideration and to see if there's some actual interest.

What I am offering is:

Home Vibe amplifier by Norm Delgarno.
Elpac power source
Alessandro MS-1's with shorter cable, covered in cloth, and Egoo Style headband (I have the original cup holders, but I can't find the original headband, wich was broken anyway)
Sony D-2 discman in need of repais on the heaphone and line out jacks
Some interconnects with Swicthcraft and Neutrick jacks.
A homebrew 6.3 to 3.5mm jack adapter.

I am thinking either five or ten dollars per ticket would be acceptable, but I would organize the raffle only if there's enough interest. So anyway, please let me know what you guys and gals think. Gracias.

Jun 29, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 10
I hope you find the root of your ear problems and you feel better soon.
The raffle is not a bad idea but if you don't get enough interest you'd probably be better off selling it.
Good health and good luck, amigo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 10
Don't worry, Onix. I bet a year from now all these problems are gone -- once you go cold turkey from headphones. I speak from experience.

Jun 30, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 10
I think it's a good idea and a good thing that you're trying to do, but you might run into an unhappy person if they don't win. You might want to split the stuff up and sell it separately so they can buy a ticket on whichever item they want. Just an idea. Either way, though, I'm in. And good luck with getting your ears well!

Jun 30, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig
I hope you find the root of your ear problems and you feel better soon.
The raffle is not a bad idea but if you don't get enough interest you'd probably be better off selling it.
Good health and good luck, amigo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Gracias amiguita
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #9 of 10
And thanks Chad, old pal, and the others. I am still undecided. Maybe I'll just let this weekend pass and see what happens.
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #10 of 10
Raffles are definitley fun, heh.

I have a feeling you'll have much better sucess though if you sell your stuff. You can always pm Tyrion if there is enough interest, he has done these sort of raffle things before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back