Should I? (NAD 320BEE integrated)
Sep 5, 2003 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Sol_Zhen

Takes his kids to the natatorium every morning.
I was at a local NAD dealer to audition a NAD T752 receiver for someone who doesn't live near a dealer (he wanted my input).

Anyhoo, after checking out the NAD and Adcom receivers I checked out the integrated amps and really liked the NAD 320BEE. The price is right. The dealer has an excellent return policy if I decide I don’t like it. And, it seems like it will play nice with my turntable, PC, and MD deck in my living room.

It would power my Paradigm Titan speakers. I’m not looking to use it with headphones (I’d use my META for that), but if the headphone stage is good, that’s a bonus.

Anyone here have experience with this model?

Sep 5, 2003 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 19
One is coming my way next week (along with some PSB Image 2B speakers) - I'll be sure to let you know
smily_headphones1.gif
I have read just about every single word about this amp on the net - and it looks pretty good to me
wink.gif

Many say the headphone jack is quite good too.

-dd3mon

Sep 5, 2003 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by dd3mon
One is coming my way next week (along with some PSB Image 2B speakers)

The very same model as I'm looking at? Cool.
smily_headphones1.gif

I anticipate your impressions.

BTW - NAD is supposed to pair very well with PSB, so enjoy!

Sep 5, 2003 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
Just dont be too surprised if you discover you prefer the NAD headphone jack to the META.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

If so, it will be a very pleasant surprise and I can move the Meta to the den. I haven't auditioned the headphone stage yet.

Sep 5, 2003 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 19
I preferred the headphone jack of my Rotel RA-01 to the Corda HA-1 on all the headphones I tried on it (Beyer DT770, 880, 931). I have auditioned the headphone jack on the NAD C370 and it also seemed to sound good, although comparison with the Rotel was difficult as it was a completely different source....

Sep 5, 2003 at 9:07 AM Post #7 of 19
pbirkett: I have a Rotel RA-1070 and the headphone jack is one of the best I've heard. I have had the Headmaster and Creek OBH-11. The Rotel RA-1070 is definitely better than the Creek and very close to the Sugden if not as good.
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2003 at 11:17 AM Post #8 of 19
Hey Martin, thats interesting mate, I believed my RA-01 to be noticably better than the Corda (which is a highly regarded amp indeed), and it does sound really good. I would question why anyone would want to spend the same amount as the Rotel costs again to get something thats likely not to be as good
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2003 at 12:39 PM Post #9 of 19
The NAD C320BEE doesnt have a phono input.

Sep 5, 2003 at 1:11 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by bundee1
The NAD C320BEE doesnt have a phono input.

I know. That's fine with me. I have a Parasound phono pre amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2003 at 6:26 PM Post #11 of 19
I own that very amp, I purchased it earlier this spring, I use it with paradigm monitor 5 v2s, and I use the headphone jack for my sennheiser 590s
smily_headphones1.gif
Great amp and the headphone jack is great, better than a lot of other stereo/av amps i've heard, but havn't compared it to a meta 42.

Sep 6, 2003 at 5:59 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Asmo
I own that very amp, I purchased it earlier this spring, I use it with paradigm monitor 5 v2s, and I use the headphone jack for my sennheiser 590s
smily_headphones1.gif
Great amp and the headphone jack is great, better than a lot of other stereo/av amps i've heard, but havn't compared it to a meta 42.

Good to hear it can drive the Monitor 5s just fine. In the store, I auditioned with Mini Monitors.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2003 at 1:04 PM Post #13 of 19
Hi Sol_Zhen.
NAD C320 BEE is a nice amp, especially if the price is rigjht go for it.
When I was looking for a budget integrated two amps standed out the 320 BEE and Cambridge Audio A300v2. I went with Cambridge because I could get it quite a bit cheaper than the NAD, but sonically they both are excellent for the price.

Sep 10, 2003 at 4:07 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by blr
Hi Sol_Zhen.
NAD C320 BEE is a nice amp, especially if the price is rigjht go for it.
When I was looking for a budget integrated two amps standed out the 320 BEE and Cambridge Audio A300v2. I went with Cambridge because I could get it quite a bit cheaper than the NAD, but sonically they both are excellent for the price.

I'll check out the Cambridge too, but I don't know if I'll be able to demo it. My local NAD dealer has a liberal return policy and they give me good prices (I've brought speakers and cables from them before).

Sep 10, 2003 at 12:42 PM Post #15 of 19
I demoed both amps before I purchased the Cambridge. The difference is not that big actually. They are in the same class. The NAD sounded a bit more forward in the highs and with very slightly punchier bass. I'd say it had a higher WOW-factor. The cambridge in comparison was was a bit smoother on overly flatter, but again the difference is not at all big IMO.
The NAD has the advantage of having a remote, while the Cambridge has a detachable power cord.
In my case I could get the Cambridge about 30% cheaper than the NAD and it was no brainer. Were they similarly priced, it would have been tougher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back