should i look at a new DAC???
Sep 2, 2011 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kaneman890

Head-Fier
soooooooo, i'm pretty sure i'm getting HD600's or HD650's for my birthday next month
smily_headphones1.gif
, and i'm thinking about buying a a nice little amp WITH TUBES (something like LD mkiii).  my only concern is my source, which is a yulong u100. Now dont get me wrong its been great so far, but when i bought it i was looking for the best dac/amp combo for around $200. So now i'm just wondering if it would be a bottleneck with a stand alone amp.

My budget for the DAC would be around $200 so i'm just wondering if there is anything in that price range that would be worth upgrading to.

I'm just curious what you guys have to say, and who knows i may like which headphones i get plenty with the youlong and not get an amp at all, at least not anytime soon.

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 4
If the specs I've found are correct, it seems like a perfectly capable DAC. It also puts out plenty of power into 300 ohms (100mW maybe more) so I would try your headphones out of it before you waste money on a separate tube amp.

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
If the specs I've found are correct, it seems like a perfectly capable DAC. It also puts out plenty of power into 300 ohms (100mW maybe more) so I would try your headphones out of it before you waste money on a separate tube amp.

that makes me feel a little better :).  and ya i'm going to see how i like the sound with the built in amp, i've just wanted something with tubes ever since i started to get into headphones :p so thats next on my list of stuff to spend money on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back