Should i leave my Schiit Stack 2 on all the time?
Jul 19, 2017 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zenrap518

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my Schiit Stack 2 yesterday and some people say to leave it on to make it sound it's best but, i usually turn off my computer and the and unplug it at night, which turns off the Modi 2. I also unplug my Magni 2. Does leaving it on 24/7 actually make a difference? Thanks

-Zen

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 5
Schiit's multibit DACs need to reach thermal equilibrium to operate to spec and have to be left on to sound their best. This does not apply to their delta-sigma DACs such as the Modi 2, so you're fine. But the Magni 2 has an on/off switch, so you don't need to unplug it; you can simply flip the switch to turn it off when you're not using it.

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Schiit's multibit DACs need to reach thermal equilibrium to operate to spec and have to be left on to sound their best. This does not apply to their delta-sigma DACs such as the Modi 2, so you're fine. But the Magni 2 has an on/off switch, so you don't need to unplug it; you can simply flip the switch to turn it off when you're not using it.

Yup, unless you go Multibit, just turn it off

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Wellllllll if you wanna get real technical, most Class A and AB amps like to run a little hot, and capacitors are often on their best behavior at operating temperatures - same with the crystal oscillators that control the timing in digital circuits. Leaving everything on is probably slightly theoretically better :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back