Should I Get the Westone UM2 or Wait for The Westone 3?
Sep 20, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, my bad, didn't noticed it's an old thread.
Sorry then..

No problem!
Neither did I on my first post up there...

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #18 of 30
Yeah, The SM2 are better than the UM2's for Hi-Fi listening. If you don't want to wait for the Vapor-ears 3, you should buy them.

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #19 of 30
just forget the UM3.
It won't be released within this year(my guess, cos too many delay releasing dates now).

Just go for the UM2. And when the UM3 is released, you can go to the store for an audition. If you prefer UM3, then sell your UM2 and buy it.

Don't wait for UM3. I know for sure that the company will continue to delay it.

Sep 21, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsky5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am strictly using this earphone for portable use.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thank You All.

another option here is to get UM2's and a set of custom molds. UM56 i think.
be a touch less than UM3 and has some benefits. and with my particular ears i notice a large improvement over the foam tips. more open. not so rolled off on the top. but still warm. but thats me and my ears YMMV of course.

very nice isolation too.

Sep 25, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #22 of 30
I ordered my westone um 2's a few days ago and I will receive them tuesday. Can someone tell me what I can expect? I own a Bose Triport on ear headphone. Is the sq comparable or maybe even a little bit better??

Sep 25, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate6955 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
another option here is to get UM2's and a set of custom molds. UM56 i think.
be a touch less than UM3 and has some benefits. and with my particular ears i notice a large improvement over the foam tips. more open. not so rolled off on the top. but still warm. but thats me and my ears YMMV of course.

very nice isolation too.

pirate6955,
I note your experience of improvement of sound quality with Westone custom molds.
But what about comfort?
Improved?.....or?
I was surprised to read in another thread a head-fier say that he found the custom earpieces of the U-10 Pro to be made of hard acrylic and, for him, despite several re-fittings, impossible to find a comfortable accommodation.
So.....
Knowing your experience with relative comfort / discomfort wearing Westone customs will be helpful in my decision of whether or not to go the custom route.
Harvey

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by haarvi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pirate6955,
I note your experience of improvement of sound quality with Westone custom molds.
But what about comfort?
Improved?.....or?
I was surprised to read in another thread a head-fier say that he found the custom earpieces of the U-10 Pro to be made of hard acrylic and, for him, despite several re-fittings, impossible to find a comfortable accommodation.
So.....
Knowing your experience with relative comfort / discomfort wearing Westone customs will be helpful in my decision of whether or not to go the custom route.
Harvey

I have that question either, because some say that you can't compare the um56 to the comply tips in terms of comfort (they say comply's are better). Is that correct? And does the monitor itself still sit nicely in the earshell or does it stick out with custom molds?

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #27 of 30
While being a college student with not many funds I wish i could own both the Westone 3s and the UM2s at the same time.... But unfortunately i cant =( so i am patiently waiting for the westone 3s to come out, listen to the reviews and hope for the best heh!

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsky5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am strictly using this earphone for portable use.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thank You All.

Starsky5000,

Oh man, I sure hope you waited / opted for the W3's.
Properly amped, they are jaw-dropping.

Just plug them into one of these...
Attachment 12093

Please, keep us posted.
(wallet speaking: "misery loves company")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back