Should I get the Triple fi pro, or shure e500
Apr 8, 2007 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Mr Iriver

1000+ Head-Fier
I havent been in this forum for a long while, and now have the money to get one of these pairs, but dont know which to get.

[size=large]IM GONNA BE USING UNAMPED[/size]

Im plan to listen to mainly rock, metal, latin and pop. I listen to a lot of guitar instrumentals, so i want a nice guitar sound reproduction. I always prefered the sound of the shures, and westone to dat of etymotic. So what i dont want is the same lack of decay i found the etymotics to have. That to me is artificial sounding, which i dont enjoy too much.

Well anyways, which will give me a cleaner, betteround unamped. I want really good imaging, or really good soundstage, or both. REMEMBER DAT I WANT IT UNAMPED. I also want a strong clean bass. I MUST have a nice and clean midrange, and really smooth highs (which i like of the shure sound).

BTW, can u guys also help me find a place that has the best price for these. I found the e500's for 365 on amazon, but 2% of the feedback mention being delivered a fake product, so i dont trust dat. SO wat is the best place to buy the phones cheap, and them being the real thing.

Thank you guys. U always help me out.

Apr 8, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 32
but I cant wait, arg, i just broke my crap earphones, and I remembered the sound of the shures dat were stolen about a year ago, and I know I must get some high end iems and quick

Apr 8, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #5 of 32
Oh, I see. I'd say the Shure E500 because so far, I've only seen great reviews about them and I haven't seen a lot of people with Triple.Fi Pro's which means that they aren't good... :]

However, I may suggest getting the Shure E500 on eBay for $349 from Space_2_Shop and using the rest of a money to buy an amp because there will be annoying hiss...

Apr 8, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I see. I'd say the Shure E500 because so far, I've only seen great reviews about them and I haven't seen a lot of people with Triple.Fi Pro's which means that they aren't good... :]

However, I may suggest getting the Shure E500 on eBay for $349 from Space_2_Shop and using the rest of a money to buy an amp because there will be annoying hiss...

What rubbish... TF10p is not even in mass production stage yet... only 1000 in the world... therefore only that much user around... Please. Do not bash other IEM if you did not hear them.

Apr 8, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #7 of 32
Mr Iriver, using unamp from my iaudio u2, tf10p sounds great. great details even at low volume... At this level, E530 and tf10p, it a matter of personal preference.

you will prefer E530 if you like Westone or Shure sound signature. The mid is very smooth and creamy. Bass is heavier but treble is slightly roll off at the high. E530 shines with rock, hip hop, concert tracks. Not really suit for analytical listening as compare to tf10pro.

you will prefer tf10 if you like ety or UE sound signature. tf10p is very neutral sounding IEMs. mid is a little layback compare to E530 but give you a wider soundstage feeling. treble is nicely extended to 17000Hz as UE stated. tf10p is good for all range of music but shines with instrumental and classical music. It might give people the feeling it is weak in bass but when the bass is called upon, it really deliver till the 10Hz region. you can feel the air vibrating in your ear.

IMO, you won't go wrong with either IEMs.

Apr 8, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #8 of 32
I haven't heard the triple.fi 10 before, however, from reviews, the triple.fi 10 is a very balanced IEM, kind of like a er4p with better bass. However, they still have the "fun" factor of the super.fi series, not cold and analytical.

For the e500, I've heard those and I felt that they are slightly bass and mid heavy producing a kind of weighted sound. The treble is decent but there is a slight roll-off IIRC. It's build quality is superb and the comfort is great. PTH is really fun too.

So the e500 would be a better "rock" IEM if you like bass and maybe if you listen to guitar centered rock(mids). But the super.fi would be a better all-rounder. Good luck.

Apr 8, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #9 of 32
Haven't heard the TF10's, but the e500's are absolutely wonderful for guitar music and will sound great unamped.

I have read some reviews on here where the listener commented on the TF10's as having recessed mids. Again, I can't comment, as I haven't heard them. But, that would scare me away a bit if the bulk of my listening were guitar music.

Apr 8, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

For the e500, I've heard those and I felt that they are slightly bass and mid heavy producing a kind of weighted sound. The treble is decent but there is a slight roll-off IIRC. It's build quality is superb and the comfort is great. PTH is really fun too.

All true... and all easily fixed with just a touch of EQ. Afterwards the E500 will provide some of the most fun and enjoyable listening experiences this side of a custom.

I've seen it often commented that the E500 sound 'the most like speakers' of any IEM and I'd say that's true. Speakers usually don't have the extreme brightness that IEMs are capable of since room acoustics absorb high frequencies while an IEM shoots them right into your ear canal. If you like the latter effect the E500 can seem 'rolled off', but from another perspective it's more natural sounding.

Choosing between these two would be a very tough call and totally subjective based on the listener's preferences. You can try the E500/E530 without risk from Headroom, maybe you can find a similar option for the Triple-Fi.

Apr 8, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #11 of 32
Haven't listened triple.fis, but with Iriver IFP790 E500s (or SE530s, whatever) sound absolutely fantastic, even at low volumes. They don't need amp at all (but amp for sure helps
smily_headphones1.gif
)
What is more, E500s sound natural, more like full-sized headphones than typical IEMs. Only problem: rolled off highs. Unless you hear earphones with great highs, it won't bother you.

Apr 8, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #13 of 32
Unamped, I think the E500 is the better choice. Should be a bit cheaper also.

Apr 8, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #14 of 32
I think the Triple.Fi's are a superior unit. I had both for awhile, but the Triple.Fi's detail ultimately won me over. I thought the e500s would be comparable, but I traded them since I no longer used them.

Apr 8, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #15 of 32
out of all that i was able to demo from friends and store i must say
the triples have the most detail to date have not got a chance to hear
the new westones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back