Should I get the Super.fi EB and sell my Pro?
Nov 9, 2007 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gilgameshx

New Head-Fier
God, I'm in a bind. I just got my super.fi pro and I really like it. I only listen to electronica music. But for some reason the bass is not enough to my liking. My mp3 player (Creative Zen Micro) can't produce enough bass even if I used the EQ. I do get a better bass response from my computer. I even managed to get the Shure Black Foam tips, which are great in comfort but the bass seems to be lacking. I'm thinking of getting the EBs but my problem is what to do with the Pros. I've never used these forums to sell anything, but I have sold and bought a few things on ebay. Are the people here on these forums willing to buy my Super.fi Pro or EB if I'm willing to sell it?

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 7
I just got mine a few days ago...

I gotta admit i'm pretty disappointed at the sound. The comfort is pretty bad too, but then again this is my first IEM so i'm not really used to the feel yet. The sound was barely better then the stock earphones. The SQ had muddy mids, recessed highs, bloated yet not voluminous bass. The EBs are just dull.

That being said I know from reading other people's experiences that burn in for these IEMs are crucial. I'm only about 30 hours into burn in [some suggested around 250-300 before it really is set] and already the highs and mids are becoming brighter! The veil and clarity has improved as well. The overall sound is beginning to tighten up and sound crisp. Comfort is still a problem and am a bit annoyed at the feel of the silicon tips. I know people say use foams but I don't like the idea of spending more money to constantly replenish the stock.

Anyway hopefully after 300 hours the sound willl just blloooow me out of the water. If not may sell and just wait for the westome 3s....

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Csi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got mine a few days ago...

I gotta admit i'm pretty disappointed at the sound. The comfort is pretty bad too, but then again this is my first IEM so i'm not really used to the feel yet. The sound was barely better then the stock earphones. The SQ had muddy mids, recessed highs, bloated yet not voluminous bass. The EBs are just dull.

That being said I know from reading other people's experiences that burn in for these IEMs are crucial. I'm only about 30 hours into burn in [some suggested around 250-300 before it really is set] and already the highs and mids are becoming brighter! The veil and clarity has improved as well. The overall sound is beginning to tighten up and sound crisp. Comfort is still a problem and am a bit annoyed at the feel of the silicon tips. I know people say use foams but I don't like the idea of spending more money to constantly replenish the stock.

Anyway hopefully after 300 hours the sound willl just blloooow me out of the water. If not may sell and just wait for the westome 3s....

i dont think id use the EBs, I dont like too much, muddy overpowering bass, especially since i listen to a lot of techno, i like to enjoy all parts of the track, and my large rock/pop collection doesnt agree with too much bass!

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilgameshx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God, I'm in a bind. I just got my super.fi pro and I really like it. I only listen to electronica music. But for some reason the bass is not enough to my liking. My mp3 player (Creative Zen Micro) can't produce enough bass even if I used the EQ. I do get a better bass response from my computer. I even managed to get the Shure Black Foam tips, which are great in comfort but the bass seems to be lacking. I'm thinking of getting the EBs but my problem is what to do with the Pros. I've never used these forums to sell anything, but I have sold and bought a few things on ebay. Are the people here on these forums willing to buy my Super.fi Pro or EB if I'm willing to sell it?

I recommend you get some Meizu M6, which is being blown-out b/c of the coming M6 SL. I see them for like $99 everywhere, including Walgreens.com. Super Fi Pro's sound GREAT out of Meizu with no EQ, especially in bass, which is rich, poweful, tight, and just plain fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back