Should I get the large Comply tips for my TF10s? (Pictures inside)
Dec 12, 2009 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

996gt2

New Head-Fier
Prior to getting my UE Triple Fi 10s, I had Phonak Audeo PFE111s, which came with Comply medium tips just like the TF10 did.

However, contrary to most people's experiences, I never could get a decent fit with the Comply tips and I always felt like they were only loosely in my ear. I've tried just about every way to squeeze and insert the tips but it just never seems to work for me.

After getting the TF10s, I've tried the single flange tips, dual flange tips, and Complys, and the only way for me to even get a semi-decent fit with the TF10s is to use the included medium Comply tips. Even then, however, the TF10s still feel kind of loose in my ear and don't seem to be very deep.

So here's my question...are my ears simply too big for the medium Complys? I currently use modded (cut) Shure triple flange tips on my PFEs, and they work great. As I pulled them out tonight I noticed that they still held the shape of my inner ear, so I took some pictures to compare the size of the Shure silicone tips with the uncompressed Complys on my TF10s.

Based on the pictures, should I go for the large Complys or go for something else? Is there any way to mod the Shure triple flanges onto the TF10s? If not, are there any other tips that would work on the TF10s for my ears?

*I apologize for any earwax showing on the pictures in advance

P1030309.jpg

P1030311.jpg

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 7
u sure have a lot of ear wax, lol.
try the reverse mod (swapping the L&R cables) on TF10. Or just try wearing them on the opposite ear first before swapping the cables. It may allow for a deeper insert, so you won't need a bigger tip.

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
u sure have a lot of ear wax, lol.
try the reverse mod (swapping the L&R cables) on TF10. Or just try wearing them on the opposite ear first before swapping the cables. It may allow for a deeper insert, so you won't need a bigger tip.

I had them reverse modded for a while (L cable on R earpiece), but I read that doing so changes the sound channels and messes with the overall sound. Is this true?

It did seem a little bit better with them reverse modded, but I was wondering what tips would work better for me since the Comply medium seem loose.

Dec 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 7
I use the large Comply tips with my Triple Fis and they do work well. FYI My ears are huge.

The large Comply tips are not actually thick so don't expect them to match your Shure Flanges above in that regard. Rather the Comply tips are long. I dont pinch them at all. I slide them in through the bend in the ear canal and they seal it up. Worth a try - it's all I use now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back