Should I Get the Cowon D2 or D2+?
Apr 1, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #16 of 19
Every mp3 player hisses. The one that has the least hiss is the ipod classic 120gb. It's nearly silent compared to my other players.

My sansa clip and D2 hiss about the same. My ipod 5.5g hisses twice as much as the D2 and my X5L a little less than the D2.

However, it depends on the phones. If you use anything 32ohm or above, you probably won't notice the difference.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 19
I went ahead and got the D2+ only beacuse of the grey-area support factor with the original D2. The cost difference was minimal, and I'm happy with it.
I just posted a review of the D2+ this morning at Amazon (the 4-star review, not the 1-star one).
normal_smile .gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbluewater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went ahead and got the D2+ only beacuse of the grey-area support factor with the original D2. The cost difference was minimal, and I'm happy with it.
I just posted a review of the D2+ this morning at Amazon (the 4-star review, not the 1-star one).
normal_smile .gif

Thank You i just read your review over at amazon.com. It was a fair & unbiased review unlike the other guy that gave it 1 star.

I would like to know what kind of headphone you're using with your D2+ since you mentioned to get best sound possible you should encoded in lossless & get a head end headphone?

Also what case do you recommend for this player? But more important can you recommend a sheet or case that protects the D2's screen?

Also how do you add album art covers (i understand D2 only supports JPEG) to the D2+? Do i go over at amazon.com & copy the album pic & what do i do after that to add it to the D2?

Thank You so much. I truly appreciate your help on all this.

Apr 2, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsky5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank You i just read your review over at amazon.com. It was a fair & unbiased review unlike the other guy that gave it 1 star.

I would like to know what kind of headphone you're using with your D2+ since you mentioned to the get best sound possible you should encoded in lossless & get a head end headphone?

Also what case do you recommend for this player? But more important can you recommend a sheet or case that protects the D2's screen?

Also how do you add album art covers (i understand D2 only supports JPEG) to the D2+? Do i go over at amazon.com & copy the album pic & what do i do after that to add it to the D2?

Thank You so much. I truly appreciate your help on all this.

Thanks
normal_smile .gif

Normally I'll listen with the Phonak IEMs, but have used the Senn HD600 (see my sig). For rockin' tunes I'll go with the Senn CX300s or the KSC35s.
The best thing about lossless (in my case - FLAC), is not only will the D2+ play it, but it also makes a perfect archive from CD. You can always use a converter and convert FLAC to any other format too, to save space, fit more music on, etc. I use dbPoweramp Reference edition, but there are a ton of audio converters out there - the Search function is your friend
normal_smile .gif

There is a thread here for screen protectors, but there's a seller on Ebay who sells the Navprotect screen protector - about $11 for two. They apply and remove easily and go on quick with no bubbles or hassle, and are truly clear and hold up well. As for cases, I just use the Cowon D2 case, and put it inside a Case Logic MPC7 neoprene case for $12.79 at Newegg:
Newegg.com - Case Logic MPC7 MP3 Case w/ Sport Belt & Armband
The case comes with a neoprene neck lanyand, a strap and attaches to an included neoprene belt. I'll just use the neoprene case and go with the lanyard and put the D2+ inside when I'm out and about and the D2+ fits perfectly inside (even with the Cowon D2 case on). The MPC7 case also has a sewn-on strap, so you can also put it on your own belt if you want.
For album art, just rename it to cover.jpg and keep it in the same folder as the album audio files and you're all set - the D2+ isn't picky about the size of the .jpg; it'll convert it automatically.
The D2+ is an amazing player with a high fun factor
wink.gif

Yeah.. I don't know what that 1-star guy at Amazon was thinking
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back