Should I get the beats studio 2.0?
Mar 3, 2016 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

houstontexans

New Head-Fier
Like the title says, should I get the beats studio 2.0?  I recently bought the v-moda m100.  I order the xl pads for the v-moda a few weeks after.  I like the sound.  The build quality is like a tank!  They still hurt my ears and head after a few hours. I went to best buy the other day to look for some blu rays.  I stopped by the headphones section and listen to some beats.  The studio 2.0 doesn't sound bad at all.  I guess because it has the noise cancellation.  I notice that it is much quieter than the vmoda.  I can just shut out all of the noise around the store and listen to the music.  It was great!  Its on sale for $150 right now.  I'm thinking I should get another headphone as well.  Maybe give the beats or the m100 to my nephew later on.  I know that beats production are a fraction of the price for what they sell, but do you guys think $150 is a good price to get one? 

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #3 of 9
If you can provide some more information, it will help in giving you a recommendation. What's the intended use for the headphones? Do they need to be closed back? Do you have to have noise cancellation? If so, in what environment will you do most of your listening?

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 9
I mainly listen outdoors.  Use them for when I go to the park to jog.  I already got the v-modas.  I just want to give these a try since they are on sale for $149 and with my reward gift certificate it went down to $135.  I could give them to my brother or nephew later on. 

Mar 5, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 9
I decided to return the beats. I bought them but return them. They feel too flimsy compared to the m100 and having to charge the batteries along with the hissing issue i have been reading about is just too much.

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #8 of 9
Are you still in the market for new headphones? I would say that none of what I would recommend is suitable for exercising.

With all of the motion of jogging, not to mention the sweat, I can't imagine using over-the-head cans for exercising. I use cheap Bluetooth 4.0 in-ear headphones.

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #9 of 9
Could he use some IEM like this http://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Universal-Fit-Noise-Isolating-Detachable/dp/B00SLVB71Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1457320910&sr=8-2&keywords=iems or http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PO10E2/ref=twister_B004WI34TU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1, if you do stuff such biking I would listen to what TimeLord said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back