Should I get Philips Fidelio X1?
Feb 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dennisksc90

New Head-Fier
I am facing a dilemma right now with the Philips Fidelio X1. I have been looking at this headphone for quite some time now but I don't have a chance to try it. Many folks said good things about it but my question is: Is it worth the price? It is about 230 usd on Amazon now. My friend who owns a HD600 told me it is not worth the price so I am a bit hesitant. Can someone enlighten me on this matter? Thanks in advance.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 7
I don't have an amp. I want to get a headphone for music and movies at home. I own a UE6000 but its not really too comfortable. I wouldnt say I am a basshead but I do prefer the bass to be strong enough.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 7
I'd say that under $250 the value of the X1 is great. It's definitely a fun sounding headphone, good for movies and great for video games. The X1s also don't require an amp to sound good so if you don't plan on getting one that's another big plus for the X1s. I've never owned the HD600 but have the X1s and really like them, also own Denon D2000, SR80i, Momentum and a few different IEMs.

If you can get them for around $200 give them a shot, if you don't like them you can flip them at that price without taking much of a hit. I think you'll like them.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #6 of 7
I like my X1s more than my Fostex TH600s. So for $230, they are a steal. Yes, grab them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back