Should I Get Custom In Ear monitors under 350 or Remold Good IEMs
Oct 29, 2014 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sicaudiophile

Head-Fier
Hey Everyone,

I have wanted a new pair of IEMs for a while now. I current have the Shure 115s there pretty old now and I'm looking to upgrade. I was wondering are CIEM in the 150 to 350 worth it or should i just buy the Shure 215s and pay to get them remolded. I am currently looking at

LiveWires Dual Driver
Westone AC10 or CR10
Alclair Duals XB
InEarz IE P250 Pro
Audio Earz 2X
Alien Ears C2
CTM CT 200
Kozee Infinity X2
Gorilla Ears GX-1

If there are any other options please let me know of if I should waste my time and just remold those Shure's or some other IEMs.

Thank you for the help in advance,
Kevin

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 8
for higher end ciem I think it would be start from 450$. But the thing is, it doesn't have to be that expensive, what kind of upgrade other than sound quality you're looking for? If you like you're shure, you can just get the upgrade of the model start from se315

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 8
With your budget, stick with universals. Getting a mold for CIEMs will cost you around $100, leaving you with $250, and I don't know of any CIEMs you can get for $250.

Custom Art Music One with detachable cable (for 225 Euro + for 30 Euro ear impressions), which I currently own ad it is for a single BA CIEM really good, but still not for everyones taste.

e.g. http://www.head-fi.org/products/the-custom-art-music-one

But still I agree go for universal IEMs with this budget.

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #8 of 8
So from what I have read. The lowest CIEMs people consider are two or three driver CIEMs. So I feel like 400 is my new max because the JHA JH5 are 400 and I know that JH are considered one of the best companies for CIEMs. Are there any other CIEMs that river the JHA JH5s ? I see that Cosmic Ears have an option at 400 with three drivers. Also 1964 have two driver CIEMs for 400 also. Should I get two or three driver if I can get either with 400? But is there any one else that has 400 two or three driver CIEMs?
Thank you everyone again for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back