Should I get C-Pads? Need an answer to an often asked question
Jun 18, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by n1cx
That can easily be fixed. Just add some sort of padding to the headband. I used bubble wrap on mine. Ghetto style
tongue.gif

Or, you can go a little more conventional and add a Beyer headband. That's what I had to do with my Grados before, or they wouldn't stay on my head. C-pads + beyer headband = Grado comfort... however, I don't think it's a HUGE jump in comfort compared to well broken in bowls. The sound with the c-pads I had made the Grados definetly darker... I dont' know if you'd enjoy that or not.

Jun 18, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #17 of 21
I found that wearing the headphones lower than I was used to improved the sound, so I (with an average to large head) didn't need to monkey around with the headband. I actually wear it larger than I did with bowls.

As for sound, I got it to sound extremely close to the bowls. C-Pads just require a lot of experimentation as to where you position the headphones on your head. They're way more tempermental than bowls, but way comfier. I had to play around for a few days finding their sweet spot in terms of which ports to plug or leave open (I left them all open) and where to put them on my head (low and pushed forward so my ear is at the back of the cup.)

I'll tell you what, check your PMs.

Jun 19, 2006 at 11:18 AM Post #18 of 21
For those who already have C-Pads, how long can you keep your headphones on your head ? And how long could you keep them on your head before you buy the C-Pads ?
Please specify if you have a custom headband or not. Thanks in advance !

Jun 19, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildsurfer
For those who already have C-Pads, how long can you keep your headphones on your head ? And how long could you keep them on your head before you buy the C-Pads ?
Please specify if you have a custom headband or not. Thanks in advance !

I use an MS-1 with a Beyer headband and C-Pads. For sheer comfort it's hard to beat. Cushy, but still very light. I can wear them indefinitely (as far as physical comfort goes, but I get inner ear fatigue from the MS-1s but that has nothing to do with the comfort of the C-pads).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back