Should I Get An Aria or a Cantate?
Sep 5, 2007 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Spadge

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I just found an Aria in the FS forums that I might be interested in... then, while doing some research I find out about the Cantate.....

Is there anyone out there that has heard both yet? I'm looking at pairing these with my open darths (v1).

I already have a DAC so probably won't need the internal one.

The specs of the two amps seem quite similar, but are there any impressions as to how they differ sonically? The Balanced Ground seems to be a big talking point on the Cantate.

The Cantate would cost me almost double what the Aria is selling for in the FS forum.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Sep 5, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 12
Skylab will compare all Meier-amps in his next review. So have a little patience my friend. :wink:

Sep 5, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 12
It is quite possible that the amp on the FS forum might not last that long, but really since there have been no proper comparisons yet, I also strongly recommend that you wait for Skylabs review. I am waiting very eagerly to make a similar decision actually.

This really looks like one of the most anticipated comparison tests!!!

Sep 5, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 12
I guess some other Aria on FS soon because people will want to upgrade
eek.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 12
go for the Cantate. newer product, newer technology (balanced ground). supposedly a better amp and DAC than the Aria. and if it doesn't suit you it will be easier to sell.

Sep 6, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
go for the Cantate. newer product, newer technology (balanced ground). supposedly a better amp and DAC than the Aria. and if it doesn't suit you it will be easier to sell.

I got called in for 6.5 hours overtime this week which will easily cover the price difference.... I ordered a Cantate today
smily_headphones1.gif

Now the wait begins.... 2 working days is a long time!

Paul

Sep 6, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spadge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got called in for 6.5 hours overtime this week which will easily cover the price difference.... I ordered a Cantate today
smily_headphones1.gif

Paul

You'ill love it
cool.gif

I see you live in Australia, hope you won't have to wait 3 week like another Australian member here who had to wait 3 week's to receive the Cantate, Jan ship Fast, but look like in summer postman in Austalia take there time
icon10.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #8 of 12
I actually ordered it from an Australian Retailer based in Perth www.headphones.com.au they say they have stock and are ready to ship.

3 weeks would kill me
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Paul

congrats. i had an aria. it served me well. i'm sure the cantate is of even better quality. you see. work does have its benefits: income. although i am at a loss to think of any others.

enjoy the new amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #10 of 12
The 3 week wait didn't KILL me as I had my trusty MAD Ear + purist amp
to keep me warm !
600smile.gif

Saved myself some dollars buying direct from Jan Meier which allowed me to
purchase a pair of Grado SR80's from another Head-Fi er !

All good with my Cantate!
600smile.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Paul

Where do you get it from? I am thinking about get one as well.

By the way, the longest painful waiting for me was ue11pro...
During those weeks, I was thinking over and over about "what if"...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back