Should I get an amp for clix2+ER-4S?
Mar 26, 2008 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mape00

100+ Head-Fier
I have a clix 2 and ER-4P (with a S/'B' converter).

Volume wise, modern music that is overly compressed plays at an OK level at 15/40, most material is fine at 20/40, and older music that isn't compressed needs as much as 30/40.

Therefore the need of an amp seems pretty evident if I want to use my clix with the ER-4S, which I prefer.

My concern is that I'd have to use the amp through the headphone jack as there is no line out. Would this deteriorate sound quality and maybe make ER-4P unamped a better choice than ER-4S amped? I'm leaning towards clix2+amp+ER-4S, what do you think?

I've given this some thought and I even soldered myself 27 and 100 Ohm loads for use with RMAA to measure how the clix's sound would deteriorate compared to when run through an amp, but unfortunately there's something wrong with my drivers, and RMAA just keeps crashing...

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 5
If you dont bypass the tiny little cheap amp of your dap than there is no point for getting an amp. Especially for iems...

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 5
OK, so in essence an amp is useless with a clix or any other player that doesn't have a proper line out... I guess I'll have to stick to the ER-4P (maybe with a little of EQ to make them sound more ER4S-ish) and only use the S-adapter at home, or maybe in the end get an ipod.
frown.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Yeah, I wouldn't bother amping a headphone jack. It would be $$$ better spent on more music. Now amping via lineout, or LOD, now that's where you see a significant raise in SQ, better clarity, definition, bass, separation, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back