Should I get a WooAudio6?
Sep 23, 2009 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Bohemianism

100+ Head-Fier
I've been asking a lot of questions lately, but I have a few more (it's because I'm getting close to buy, Woohoo).
I've decided to go with a pair of sennheiser HD650's for my headphones. I've heard good things and they seem as good a choice as any.

Now it's onto which amp to get.

There seems to be nothing but universal praise for the WooAudio6 and I can afford it, so I'm thinking of going with this.

If feel like maybe I should be starting with lower priced, quality equipment, as this is my first real foray into hi fi audio however I don't have much disposable income at all and I can't easily afford to upgrade in a year or two when my taste and knowledge mature. So while I have the money to spend at the moment I want to be set and comfortable for quite a while. At least for 3 years.
Do you think this is the right position to take? Or am I over extending myself and will end up having the quality lost on me?

I also don't know much about tubes, do they need much replacing, etc or once I've chosen some good ones can I just enjoy it without much hassle?

How do tubes and solid state amps compare?

Are there any other amps you'd recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back