Should i get a DAC or External sound interface?
Mar 30, 2016 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Niko7965

New Head-Fier
Greetings, my name is Niko, i'm a Guitarist, and to some degree a pianist, i'm also a gamer.
soon i'll be getting a nice pair of headphones (so far i've borowed the Bose QC 15 from my father) the m50x's
Anyway i've started recording from a midi keyboard in ableton, but i'd like to also be able to record from my guitar, so i would ask if a audio interface like the Focusrite scarlet 2i2, could replace a DAC like the Fiilo e10k

any help or guidance from you geniuses would be amazing!

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 4
The headphone amp on the scarlett 2i2 is actually pretty good, same with the dac.
I don't think you will be lacking anything in terms of soundquality.
As an added bonus, the pre's are also really good so your guitar is gonna sound great.
Source: owner of a 2i2

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 4
  Greetings, my name is Niko, I'm a Guitarist, and to some degree a pianist, I'm also a gamer.
soon i'll be getting a nice pair of headphones (so far i've borrowed the Bose QC 15 from my father) the m50x's
Anyway i've started recording from a midi keyboard in ableton, but I'd like to also be able to record from my guitar, so i would ask if a sound card like the Focusrite scarlet 2i2, could replace a DAC like the Fiilo e10k
any help or guidance from you geniuses would be amazing!

The Scarlett 2i2 is an Audio Interface, not a sound card.
(but they both come with DAC & ADC chips and line-inputs & line outputs).

Sound cards usually do surround sound processing (like for FPS gaming), Audio Interfaces usually do not.
An Audio Interface can play audio from really any type of game, in stereo audio.

Do you already have a FiiO e10K?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back