Should I get a budget DAP like the xDuoo X3 to replace my Exynos S7E as my main music player?
Jul 3, 2017 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Byron Jarebb Maniquiz

New Head-Fier
Hi! Newbie here!

Ever since getting my first pair of KZ IEMs a few months ago, I've been continuously expanding my audio equipment collection. I currently alternate between my KZ ATE, KZ ZST, and VE Monks during my daily commute. I'm using my Exynos S7 as my daily music driver.

However, I recently unearthed my old iPod Touch 4G and tried A/B-ing the two. I honestly can't believe how much better the 4G sounds! Unfortunately, its cable port is busted so I can't transfer songs to it now and it can only be used for Spotify and Youtube. Thankfully it still charges properly.

Hence, I've been thinking of getting myself a DAP. I've been looking into the xDuoo X2, xDuoo X3, and the Fiio X1. A few questions:

1. Which of these DAPs do you consider to be the best value for the money? Money is quite an issue because I'm still a college student so saving up to get my audiophile fixes usually involves a few days of instant noodles and junk food for lunch. Hahaha.
2. Would taking the leap from my S7E and Samsung Music to a DAP be a big change or should I save my money and buy myself a nice pair of mid-fi cans or IEMs instead?

Sorry for the wall of text. I've been trying to lurk and search info on this dilemma but came out with nothing. Perhaps because of my unfamiliarity with the search function. Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back