Should I fix 2G ipod nano? Or buy Clix2/iClassic/iTouch?
Oct 24, 2008 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

moee79

Head-Fier
Hi all~

I have a 2nd gen ipod nano that my girldfriend threw (dropped :p) on the ground while jogging... and the symptoms give me the idea that the hard drive is broken. Does anyone have experience fixing 2G nanos? It's been rotting away for over a year, and I'd like to know if it's worth fixing, if the hard drive needs a replacement. How much would it cost? Would it be a good idea to stop by an Apple store on the weekend?

I'm thinking of setting up a home rig. Would my 2G nano be of any use? Or should I get something like a Sansa Clip or ipod Touch or ipod Classic? My plan is to get a decent headphone amp and headphones to go with it.

I will be getting a Clix2 from Korea as well for my portable player, to use with some iems. What do you guys think?

Oct 24, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 4
The nano doesn't have a hard drive, it's flash memory. As for fixing it - just go get a new 1, the SQ on the new nano & the Touch is vastly improved to warrant an upgrade anyways.

Oct 24, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 4
clip SQ is better, but for a TOTAL experience I'd go w/a nano. It does it all, and the SQ difference is marginal at best. Nano is your best bet. Or, get a new Sony S Series player - that does it all, and it's sounds AMAZING!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back