should I do it...?
Sep 21, 2008 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Baba booey

Headphoneus Supremus
right now I have an Archos 504 40gb with a DVR dock. I'm considering giving up some capacity and going for the 605 flash 4gb. I have an 8gb card in my D2 which I could switch back and forth and I also have 4 2gb micro-sd cards I just got in the mail from woot. That would bring me to 20gb, and I'd somehow manage to get a 605 dvr station. Should I do it? or settle?

Sep 21, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd settle. I had a 605 once and it wasn't near the build quality of the 604 I recently had but traded. The 504 would be in the same league as the 604 for quality, maybe even better.

Anyway, you'd get tired of shuffling cards out pretty quick. Keeping track of them is the biggest part of such an endeavor. There needs to be a pocket container that can hold more than just four of whatever. It should hold and organize at least 10 cards of whatever kind. Then it would be feasable to do what you are asking. Otherwise you'd lose track of which card is which and so forth. I know, I tried it with my rigs and got tired of it pretty quick. The main thing that disinterested me so quickly was the lack of a storage container. You can find some that will hold maybe up to 4 cards but that's just not good enough.

Sep 21, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 4
I also think you should wait for the Archos 5's price to drop and get that instead. Don't get the smaller flash-based player as it really is a pain in the azz to switch and keep track of the cards. Stay w/what you have for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back